My hunt was delayed again.........

Ilovetodig

Feb 14, 2005
Now in Guam
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/ Fisher D2
Howdy all,

I got up today looking forward to getting out and wouldn't you know it.....rain, all day long. So I'll have to wait until my next day off and try again. In the mean time I took the time to "clean up my room" since the wife asked me to. While I was doing that I decided to take some pictures of some of the stuff I have found since starting this "crazy" hobby of mine. My wife got me a Kodak 300 for Christmas because, and I qoute; "There is no way your taking my camera out there with you!" So I managed to finally get my own camera. OK let me see if I can get these on. I found the lock in a park in Raeford, NC, there are letters on the front but I have not found out who made it yet. I knowtwo of the letters are a T and a C but I can't make out the first letter. The next one are of some bades for the military and a Webelos badge. Bullets found on Pope, a 1920's compact found in Raeford,and some Raeford lumber tokens. I know the pics aren't the best in the world but at least I can take some now. :)

Attachments

• Old lock.jpg
    Old lock.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 221
  • Old Lock2.jpg
    Old Lock2.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 215
  • Badges.jpg
    Badges.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 221
  • Bullets.jpg
    Bullets.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 223
  • Compact.jpg
    Compact.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 217
  • Lumber tokens.jpg
    Lumber tokens.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 217
Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More neat finds!

Were you able to date the tokens?

;)

OP
OP
Ilovetodig

Ilovetodig

Feb 14, 2005
Now in Guam
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/ Fisher D2
Not really. The nearest I can get from the older families in Raeford is around the early 1920's or 30's. I found them all in one yard so I can assume that when they built the house they bought the lumber there and just tossed the tokens.

J

jgpreston

WTG quiet an assortment. The Webelos badge reminded me of my Boy Scout days. Thanks.

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Good digs, WTG!!!
I found one of those Webelos badges awhile back, it's the only scout item I have found to date...
Good luck, & Happy hunting~

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice find's dig.The one next to the webloes look's like some kinda service ribbon and the one's on top look like some kinda unit crest.One on the left look's like me 5th Sig. crest.Keep on diggin and keep us posted.Congrat's and HH!!

OP
OP
Ilovetodig

Ilovetodig

Feb 14, 2005
Now in Guam
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/ Fisher D2
Civilman, The one is a Warrant Officers rank and the other two are crest for the Army Security Agency (ASA) from the early forties. They were a nice piece of history to add to my collection.

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool relics, Tsgman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread