My improvement to the Equinox 600/800 headphone adapter cable.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the bracket. Some folks take advantage of the cable length provided and snake the cable and jack all the way to the back of rod (behind the armrest) and plug their headphones back there. Works well if you want to keep the non-waterproof end of the connector as far away from the water as possible. It looks like your bracket could be used in that situation also.

WaterWalker

Jan 31, 2007
Cape Cod, Massachuestts
Detector(s) used
Garrett (Infinium, ATPro, ATX), Minelab Excalibur, Tesoro Conquistador, Whites (Surfmaster PI, Quantum), JW Fisher 8X, DetectorPro Underwater 8", Minelab Equinox 800, Manticore, Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sure beats my cable ties...put my name on the waiting list. I'd vote for one behind the arm cuff.
Nice innovative accessory.

ctdirtdigger

May 14, 2015
New England
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Excalibur (2), GPX 4500, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like it alot, great job, looks great..............I'd like to get on the list for one as well !! Thank you !

OP
OP
B

bvr

May 29, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, thanks everyone for the nice comments. While I can make these available for sale, there are 2 issues. 1 being cost, I use an online print house that uses very expensive SLS(selective laser sintering) machine. Awesome for holding numbers, they routinely have my parts -.002"/+.008"
But you are going to pay for it..those 2 parts were $20.22-plus shipping.

The number 2 thing is that i would have to remodel it somewhat. Right now it's set up to be tapped, not everyone has access to whats needed for that. So I would have to make it a thru hole for a machine screw and an acorn nut. But before I can do that I'll have to go to home-depot and choose some stock fasteners to model around. That way I can give people the SKU number for the fasteners.

So as you can see cost is a huge hangup. I could go nuts and reduce thickness, skeletonize the solid sections, but I prefer to have things that are sturdy. The remodel isn't a big deal, but it will take a bit.

bvr

leonidas

Aug 30, 2018
Kennesaw, Ga
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, White's MXT, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I like it, a lot. Been using zip ties , but the plug moves around and is a pain. Let us know if you
make some for sale. thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions