My Jewelry Streak Continues + A Nice Surprise.....

njnydigger

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
I've swung White's (MXT), Minelab (Safari) & currently run with an Omega 8000 by Teknetics & Fisher CZ-3D (1021 Model)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey treasure hunters,

Went back to the same park as yesterday. Another super day. Couldn't do another all-dayer again. The humidity here in NJ is just brutal. Plus, the missus was with me and she gets bored real fast. Managed to squeeze in a good 3 hour hunt though.

After turning on my machine and deciding to stay close to my lady, figured I'd hunt the picnic area where we set up shop. Wasn't expecting much, but, wouldn't you know, literally my first signal I got on my MXT was a solid 70. Dug the plug figuring a penny or dime. Boy was I shocked, from only an inch under the soil I pooped out my first shield nickel, or, what I think it is anyways. Pretty sure it is. Sure you guys will let me know. I thought it was a quarter at first due to the size and the VDI reading. When I looked real close though, I vaguely made out the stripes of the shield on it. The rest of the coin is not decipherable.

After that, was just finding some modern clad for a bit. Then, I found a super nice 1947 wheatie. I LOE finding old wheaties!!!

The rest of the day was more modern clad and lots of junk. Thought my three hunt jewelry streak was gonna end with a fizzle. Well, surprise - surprise. My lady went to go drive the car from where we originally parked it to where we migrated from. I told her to let me dig a couple more good signals. As she was pulling up, I found this really neat friendship charm. These are the charms that come in two pieces. You wear half and your friend or whoever wears the other half. Boy was I happy! Not only did I find a nice piece, but, kept my streak alive...barely.

BTW, just some quick observations from the field. Maybe it'll help some of you. On my last two hunts, I turned the gain to the max of +3. I was also in relic mode with the trigger forward. The added depth from turning the gain into the positive numbers seemed unreal. Me likes ALOT. Bear in mind, the ground wasn't too trashy, so, that helped. And yes, the machine was a little noisy. But, for the added depth, well, I'll deal with the chatter anyday. To compensate on not missing those "whisper" signals, I slow waaaaaaay down and dig mostly everything. Finally, on the VDI numbers, my personal experience has been that when the numbers jump "all over the scale", the target almost always tends to be junk. If the VDI locks on to a number, or, jumps withing the same general range, the machine is almost surely accurate. As always guys, take it for what it's worth. Thanks for looking. Enjoy!!!!

Attachments

• DSCF0059.jpg
    DSCF0059.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 715
  • DSCF0061.jpg
    DSCF0061.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 725
  • DSCF0063.jpg
    DSCF0063.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 710
Upvote 0

MarkinIa

Nov 10, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-505
If it's about the size of a quarter then you found a 2 cent piece.

Sweet find.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds......Matt

Tank69

Silver Member
May 5, 2009
Yuma Az
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Eldorado , Fisher Gold Bug 2 , Whites MXT , Keen Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like you got " your 2 cents " worth!..........NGE

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
njnydigger said:
Hey treasure hunters,

. Boy was I shocked, from only an inch under the soil I pooped out my first shield nickel, or, what I think it is anyways.

Now that's getting a nickle the hard way....

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep. Looks like a two center if that big. Still a cool find even worn. :thumbsup:

trailblazer

Mar 23, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Minelab Excalibur
Nice finds keep the streak going!

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yep a 2 center for sure if it is quarter size, congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread