My largest volume week ever, 18 boxes with RESULTS

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey folks, I upped my volume for this week only and don't plan to do so again for at least a few months. I usually do 4 or so half dollar boxes a week... Here are my results for the past 18boxes. All boxes were inspected and packaged in a 2-day period, mainly from about 3 weeks ago.

skunk
skunk
skunk
skunk
skunk
skunk
skunk
skunk
skunk
skunk
skunk
skunk
1968d reverse ender
skunk
skunk
skunk
skunk
skunk

My largest week ever and also my worst week ever. You can't win them all.
HH
Buff
p.s. I have 4 boxes lined up for next week.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah and one bank was supposed to order me 4 boxes and only got one so i guess I consider myself lucky that the other 3 boxes didn't come in, less skunks and less dumps for me to do...
and one bank forgot to order 2 boxes for me 2 weeks in a row. I think they just don't want to order for me. I'd much rather them verbally cut me off then to keep me waiting for a box that they will never order.

Omega

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2013
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh yeah and one bank was supposed to order me 4 boxes and only got one so i guess I consider myself lucky that the other 3 boxes didn't come in, less skunks and less dumps for me to do...
and one bank forgot to order 2 boxes for me 2 weeks in a row. I think they just don't want to order for me. I'd much rather them verbally cut me off then to keep me waiting for a box that they will never order.

This has happened to me a few times. How I respond is I ask to talk to the head teller or the vault manager. I calmly and nicely explain that it takes me 25-30 minutes to drive out to the bank, and then they don't have my coins, its a real time waster and gas waster. I repeatedly leave my number and say, I'll be back next week, If things change or they don't come in, PLEASE call me and save me an hour of my day. Usually works pretty well. The banks have been ordering for me consistently now.

BRChiver

Oct 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey buff,
Anytime I would do major numbers it always resulted in skunks. I've gone down to 9-10 boxes a week and I'm finding more than I would doing 20+. My area is not over hunted yet. I do have one guy who does about the same volume in my area; we dump in some of the same spots. I've yet to meet him but my some of the tellers have told me where he picks up from. We hunt two different couriers so ill just keep an eye on him for now, lol!

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We must have been doing the same run of boxes!! Ouchies!

HH

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Buff, that sucks! I've been there before, kinda was my experience with higher volume too, just seemed to increase my skunks, was doing 32 or more boxes a week and 30 of them would be skunks. I search less now and seem to find more. I will try more in the winter again. Good luck next week! HH, Maverick.

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow buff that is a rough week for sure, but keep on chugging!

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ouch- I thought my 10 skunks this week were rough- lets both hope for lots of ag next week

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you can manage the volume you should try it for 2 months and see how the results are. You might just need to work through the dumps. 18 boxes * 8 weeks is 144 boxes, if that doesn't turn around then you are downstream from a megahunter. HH

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, I am thankful for the one silver; however, I lost like 40 bucks in gas this week, but it's still a wonderful hobby!

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cannot handle this volume unfortunately. My wallet can't afford it and I can't afford to lose my vital dump banks.
I was thinking of trying this volume again in 2 months though.
If you can manage the volume you should try it for 2 months and see how the results are. You might just need to work through the dumps. 18 boxes * 8 weeks is 144 boxes, if that doesn't turn around then you are downstream from a megahunter. HH

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ouch!

I haven't been doing many boxes of halves lately. I picked up four this week, three were stamped with the code 6026. Two of which gave up a 40%er each, the other was a skunk. The fourth box was stamped with that "inspected by" stamp that I was seeing on dimes in the beginning of the year, with a date of 8/22. It was a skunk

OP
OP
BuffaloBoy

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PM sent Mastermind,

Also I did find 1 proof, a 1982-s frosted cameo proof half dollar but that is not silver.

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ouch!

I haven't been doing many boxes of halves lately. I picked up four this week, three were stamped with the code 6026. Two of which gave up a 40%er each, the other was a skunk. The fourth box was stamped with that "inspected by" stamp that I was seeing on dimes in the beginning of the year, with a date of 8/22. It was a skunk

In the last three weeks, the 6026 stamp has accounted for 5 boxes with over 20 silvers in each for me. Two of those boxes had over 40 each. I hope there are a few left from that batch.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions