My Last Two Hunts.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took my father out for a hunt on Monday afternoon and I went for about 2 hours today and though neither hunt produced any killers we still found some decent pieces. On Monday my father found the only good point that was found. We started out in a field that we usually do pretty well in and neither of us found a good point. I found a broken base and that was it. In the second field we both started finding a lot of flint as soon as we hit the field. We split up and dad went out on the main ridge and I hit little spot that usually produces and found 3 broken tips. I finally caught with with my dad and he had found a pretty nice Kirk Stemmed Point with some wicked serrations for our only find of the day. He doesn't keep anything he ever finds so he gave it to me and I trayed it up.

The second hunt today was in a huge field that is close to a mile long. I only had 2 hours to hunt before work so I stayed close to the car on the end that always gives up some Birdpoints. I have never hunted this end of the field and not found a Birdpoint and today was no different. I found 2 Birds, a decent Scraper and a crude Flint Celt. I also found part of a blade to a Hematite Celt.

I didn't get in situs of my dads find because we were so far apart, but I got one of him holding it up(though it's kind of blurry). I did get some of the 2 points I found today, but not the Scrapers or the Flint Celt since they were just barely showing and I flipped them before I knew what they were.

The first 3 pictures are of my dad hunting, him holding the point, and the cleaned up picture.

The rest are of today's hunt.

Attachments

• New002.jpg
    New002.jpg
    218.2 KB · Views: 278
  • New003.jpg
    New003.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 271
  • New005.jpg
    New005.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 279
  • New006.jpg
    New006.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 276
  • New008.jpg
    New008.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 281
  • New007.jpg
    New007.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 274
  • New009.jpg
    New009.jpg
    231.5 KB · Views: 284
  • New010.jpg
    New010.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 266
  • New011.jpg
    New011.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 274
  • New012.jpg
    New012.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 269
Upvote 0

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
Steve,

What a great hunting partner, he finds the best point and he gives it to you!

I don't get too sentimental about many things, but I do miss hunting with my father and grandfather.

Joshua

ohio

Bronze Member
May 28, 2007
Steve, looks like you all had a nice time. I always enjoy the few times I am able to drag my Dad out with me.

Chuck

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It must be nice to have company. I didn't have anyone to hunt with in NC/VA, I hunted alone. Mind you I didn't mind the solitude. Might sound strange but often in the field there would be whirl winds around me & nowhere else, kinda felt like spirits. So I always left an offering, just to show some appreciation for what I found. I don't think any other hunting ground will have that spiritual feeling, that will always be my fave place to hunt..
Nice finds thought Steve. Its always good to spend quality time with family.
Thanks for showing us..

Molly.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Steve
You are lucky to have your dad to hunt with. He looks like a nice fellow. Tell me what is under that point? I know pics play tricks but is that where it was or something under it??
TnMtns

Attachments

• New009.jpg
    New009.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 139

Adena_man

Feb 5, 2007
Nicholasville, Ky
What an awesome time that must have been! Nobody in my family shares the passion unfortunately. I had an uncle who was close in age to me whom I hunted with a lot when I was a kid, but he passed away several years ago. The good thing is I still get to hunt the same fields that he and I hunted together so long ago. I catch myself remembering the great times we had out in those fields back in the 70's and 80's.

Those are times with your dad that you will treasure forever.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread