SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey all,
I posted a couple pics on here showing models that I printed and built out of paper. Well, they are supposed to be made out of cardstock. My wife has sent me some cardstock, a cutting mat, some Aleen's Tacky Glue, and X-Acto knives. So now I have some of the right equipment. I built this P-51D since getting my supplies. It's still turned out kinda rough, but htis is my first attempt and I have 3 more under construction. I rotate between them as I work. While the glue's drying on one of them, I work on the next one and then the one after that while the glue's drying on the second one. Then I go back to the first one.

There is a forum with a huge Card Modeling forum at http://www.zealot.com and it's pretty interesting what people are doing with card stock. There's one guy building a 1/100 scale model of the USS Arizona that's just amazing. Anyway the site's worth checking out if you want to learn more about this particular hobby.

Anyway, here's a few shots of my Mustang:
Card Models 009.jpg

Card Models 011.jpg

I'll be flying out on leave on 10 January so I'll be out of the loop for awhile.

Happy Hunting,
SgtSki

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KICK ASS 8) i have no patents for the fine detail work like i did when i was a kid ;)

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
Nice Mustang Ski. How long does it take you to complete of of those? Enjoy your leave...you have earned it!!
Thanks again for what you do from those of us that are here (stateside)

Dave

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Lord you call that rough. That is great looking. Thanks for posting and thank you for serving. God Bless.
Burdie

lessthanzero

Aug 17, 2007
Southern AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra's, they are the BEST......
Wow, SgtSki, that is unbelievable. You have talent beyond your Sgt's stripes.......Have a great trip home.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Sgt,

That is a great looking model you have put together. Enjoy your leave and stay safe over there. Thank you for your service and thank your buddies too. You and all of the service men and women are in our prayers.

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the title,I was expecting you had become a Chippendale dancer and was modelin for greeting cards. :D Great job on the mustang really cool ! Fly safe sarge and Enjoy your leave !

OP
OP
SgtSki in MI

SgtSki in MI

Oct 14, 2007
Hesperia, MI
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS & Explorer II, Fisher 1236-X2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
alwayslookin said:
Nice Mustang Ski. How long does it take you to complete of of those? Enjoy your leave...you have earned it!!
Thanks again for what you do from those of us that are here (stateside)

Dave

I think this one took about 4 evenings. The biggest amount of time is spent cutting out and scoring the parts from cardstock. This is actually one of the more involved ones but some are very detailed. I am working on a Fokker E/III "Eindecker" that's more complicated than this Mustang was. A lot of folks on a forum dedicated to building card models have been sending me model files so I have bunches of them. A small copyright thing there, but as long as it's freely sent for personal use it's more or less OK. The cool thing about building models out of cardstock is that if you mess something up you can just re-print the parts (or the whole darn thing!) and do it over.

Thanks for the kind replies and I'll be around in a few weeks when I get back over here.

HH,
SgtSki

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
Sarge, That looks like good mental therapy, keeps you from going crazy thinking about home and family.
You are crafty and those pictures show it. We are gonna have to watch your snapshots.
You're doing great, have a good leave, we wish you the best. Gnewt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread