My latest finds-NC.

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This will be the last time I hunt until the tobbacco is all gone. They plow the fields again before the end of summer. ;D
A mixture of things found this hunt. Mainly broken knives,peice of pure crystal quartz, one whole Kirk, A hafted blade, ancient break, would have been a monster, its just over 2 1/2" wide, Savanah River-(Rough grade) Rhyolite. A Cobalt bottle & a flower of some kind.

Attachments

• 350res.jpg
    350res.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 290
  • 300res.jpg
    300res.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 288
  • Hafted knife..jpg
    Hafted knife..jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 310
  • Cobalt.jpg
    Cobalt.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 294
  • flower.jpg
    flower.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 293
Upvote 0

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Molly.

All of the tobacco bases that I used to hunt are gone now. I guess they just quit growing it for some reason. It was always nice to have those places to look though because you could basically look almost all summer.

MarkDz

Oct 1, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver UMax
Looks like a great day, Molly! It makes me really itchy to get out myself. That little metal flower looks like it might be a bridal rosette, a decorative piece for old horse harnesses--if so it may date back a few hundred years.

OP
OP
*Molly*

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MEinWV said:
That bottle looks real small. Would that hold medicine or some kind of oil??

HH

It's a inch & half, not sure what was in it, they're pretty common here, I have several different sizes. Its the black & dark green I'm looking out for, those are valuble,much older. If I had to hazzard a guess I'd say its a pill bottle, it's not oil or syrup, those types have embossed writing on then.

Steve, I hear that, I'm very fortunate to be able to hunt all year, Fall is the best time, its cool & freshly plowed. I understand the plow does cause heartbreakers but at the same time, most the smaller points escape with little damage. I'll be sifting the soil this Fall too. ;D

Mark, I don't usually bother with old metal while hunting pointy rocks, I have no interest in this, I guess cause its a flower & I'm a woman, you know.... ::) interesting thought though, a bridle rosette.

Thankyou for you comments gents, much appreciated.

Molly. :thumbsup:

GL

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
South Central, NC
Well Molly I have to agree about the blue bottles, I find a lot of them and pieces of them in fields and on house sites.
Also, I found a very similar chunk of pure quartz crystal on my best site. It almost looks supernatural how clear it is.

Great stuff as usual Molly!

OP
OP
*Molly*

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SPORTSTER said:
MOLLY....NICE FINDS SURE IS ALOT OF RELICS U HAVE NICE ONES AT THAT THANKS FOR THE VIEW.....

Thankyou Sportster. :) I must have found over 100 points from 5 acres. Studying really helped.

GL, I also find quite a lot of pure crystal, my favourite is a sphere shaped peice.

Thanks again guys. :)

OP
OP
*Molly*

*Molly*

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2008
England.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jonnyreb said:
Thats a great haul any day Molly. Your pics are always great to look at!! And to think it aint even your main hunting season just yet!!
arrow719 said:
Nice finds, I really like that Kirk.

Thanks guys, I'm lucky to be able to hunt all year round. Its great to be able to find Early Archaic points right through to Late woodland. For that I'm greatful. :)

Molly. Good Luck hunting guys..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread