My Latest Trip To The Ft Ancient Site

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I made a trip to the Ft Ancient site today to try my luck. I saw where a buddy of mine had just been there a few days ago and decided to go out and find what he missed. I saw on his post om another board that he didn't find any Beads so I figured I might get lucky and I did. I found 3 Bone Beads, 2 Shell Discs, 2 Pottery Discs, one of which is oblong and the first one like that I've ever found, a broken Fish Hook, and a couple of damaged Points. I also found what I think is an Eagle Claw, though I'm not real sure, and a decent Bi Pointed Knife. I didn't get any in situs of the Bone Beads, the Triangle Point, or the oblong Disc because I didn't realize they were anything until I pulled them from the ground.

The first two in situs are the Shell Discs, the 3rd is the Pottery Disc, the 4th is the Fish Hook, and the last one is the Bi Pointed Knife and a broken Point laying side by side.

Attachments

• New01.jpg
    New01.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 585
  • New02.jpg
    New02.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 598
  • New03.jpg
    New03.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 599
  • New04.jpg
    New04.jpg
    290.6 KB · Views: 600
  • New06.jpg
    New06.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 588
  • New07.jpg
    New07.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 590
Upvote 0
O

Ohioan

wow Steve sounds too good to be true 2 in the same hole? There is another board ? lol great job out there ? :read2:

OP
OP
The Grim Reaper

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohioan said:
wow Steve sounds too good to be true 2 in the same hole? There is another board ? lol great job out there ? :read2:

Thanks. The guy I was refering too hasn't hunted these type of sites very long and doesn't really know what to look for as far as Beads are concerned. He found some nice points when he was there but he had walked right by all of these. His footprints where everywhere.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds in the miden Steve.I have found the round clay discodals but not any oblong ones. I wish we had more beads here. I mean they are here but in off limit spots. Another good hunt. Have you heard from Larson? He must be taking a break. Nice hunt and thanks for sharing it.
TnMtns

OP
OP
The Grim Reaper

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TnMountains said:
Nice finds in the miden Steve.I have found the round clay discodals but not any oblong ones. I wish we had more beads here. I mean they are here but in off limit spots. Another good hunt. Have you heard from Larson? He must be taking a break. Nice hunt and thanks for sharing it.
TnMtns

Thanks. Thats the first oblong one I've ever seen. It is polished all around the edges so I'm not sure if it's completely finished or one that was in the process of being made round. I haven't seen anything from larson for a while. I hope everythings okay with him.

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Looks like a good days haul to me Steve. Too bad your buddy doesn't know a little more about what he should be keeping an eye out for on this site.

Joel

flintdigger

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2010
Great artifacts congratulations !!! on some very good finds. Those pottery discs are interesting. That is a great looking knife, the bone beads are really neat. The claw look's like a eagle or hawk claw to me. I have been doing a good bit of reading lately the Ft. Ancient culture is very interesting. Great stuff.

OP
OP
The Grim Reaper

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
flintdigger said:
Great artifacts congratulations !!! on some very good finds. Those pottery discs are interesting. That is a great looking knife, the bone beads are really neat. The claw look's like a eagle or hawk claw to me. I have been doing a good bit of reading lately the Ft. Ancient culture is very interesting. Great stuff.

Thanks. All of of those Pottery Shards I sent you are from this same site. I just stopped by the other evening for a few minutes after my nephews Soccer match and found a Shell Disc and about 15 nice Pottery Rim Shards. It was dry as a bone and I surprised I found anything at all. The Pottery is laying everywhere on this site, but I only pick up Rims and decorated pieces.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread