chukers

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2010
Eastland Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i - Ace 250 (backup) - Garrett Pro Pointer - Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The dollar coin is a Susan B. Anthony dollar... I have not found one yet...
The Round thing with the eagle on it is a watch fob and since you are finding Civil War relics in that area I wouldn't doubt that is from that era too... though the eagle on the watch fob looks more like eagle uniform buttons from the WWI/WWII era. if you are pulling civil war era relics from that area I'd be going back over and over... there is more to be found!

Chukers

Oh yeah Welcome to Tnet!

Notice the telltale attachment point at the top of the watch fob
fob 1.JPG

The is a WWI/WWII eagle button much like your watch fob design
military button.JPG

Metal Magnet

Bronze Member
Oct 26, 2010
OH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i really love your videos CW! And the watch fob is really really cool. congrats. the collar button/disc is neat. I found a WWII era one recently.

OP
OP
T

thecoinwhisperer

Sep 19, 2011
NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Infinium LS
Garrett AT Pro
White's TDI Pro
Thanks everyone! I hate the video had the clip that did not play; where I found the silver quarter. I wish I knew what causes that. It does not do it on my end and only happens when it is uploaded. I appreciate all your comments and thanks for watching!
CW! :headbang:

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
nice finds. For the silver coins, consider not rubbing them right then and there. Rubbing a coin can put fine scratches on it, especially when there's dirt on it. This permanently damages the coin, and if it's a rare one, will affect the value considerably.

OP
OP
T

thecoinwhisperer

Sep 19, 2011
NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Infinium LS
Garrett AT Pro
White's TDI Pro
testing123 said:
nice finds. For the silver coins, consider not rubbing them right then and there. Rubbing a coin can put fine scratches on it, especially when there's dirt on it. This permanently damages the coin, and if it's a rare one, will affect the value considerably.

I don't worry too much about rubbing silver coins like Washington quarters and Roosevelt dimes because there really are none that are collectable/valuable. I am a little more careful with the older coins like the Merc dimes. What you can get for a coin coming out of the ground does not change. I try to be careful but I don't sweat it too much. Thanks for watching!

OP
OP
T

thecoinwhisperer

Sep 19, 2011
NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Infinium LS
Garrett AT Pro
White's TDI Pro
I'll be posting another video this week of some cool ring finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread