Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My wife used to make crazy money off custom ponies she made.

OP
OP
palidin20603

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did not know that. There is also a culture of "Bronies" out there that are crazy over the stuff.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Natural outdoor lighting whenever possible. Indoors I use flash or a backlight, nothing fancy just a swing arm lamp that sits on my desk already. I usually edit them too if necessary. You almost need to be a darn photographer to take photos of items. At least that's the way it feels sometimes to me. It can be a real PITA (pain in the ...). I'm definitely no photographer.

BTW- nice score on the play-doh set. Who'd a thunk it?

mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently started using a photography light tent, tripod with an overhead light and two lights on the side
The light tent diffuses the light and minimizes glare. This setup provides enough light so I don't need a flash .

I like the result so far. I find It takes far less time to get an decent photo with it.

OP
OP
palidin20603

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having daughters gives you an idea of trends and popularity in girls toys. Check sold listings for Cookie Monster play-doh.. it will blow your mind!

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently started using a photography light tent, tripod with an overhead light and two lights on the side
The light tent diffuses the light and minimizes glare. This setup provides enough light so I don't need a flash .

I like the result so far. I find It takes far less time to get an decent photo with it.

I bought one of those too, and I didnt like the way the photos came out. Not enough light imo. Maybe I needed a better overhead source, but I didnt like the way my coin photos were coming out.

Actually still have it if anyone wants to buy it - I think this one is the same one. (Amazon.com: LimoStudio Photography Photo Studio Lighting Kit Set Photo Studio Light Box, 2 x High Output Lights, 4 x Chromakey Backgrounds, 1 x 41-Inch Camera Tripod, AGG778: Camera & Photo)

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You almost need to be a darn photographer to take photos of items. At least that's the way it feels sometimes to me. It can be a real PITA (pain in the ...). I'm definitely no photographer.

I used to be a pro-photographer; Navy-Cruise Ship-Newspaper-Police and still I have troubles. It is my digital camera. (can't control the speed-aperature-focus) Now my old 35mm could do anything.

xrunndonex

Dec 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pictures of coins can be tricky but a SLR camera with a macro lense will fix that.

mkulltra

Nov 14, 2012
South Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the same trouble with dark photos but finally figured it out yesterday. I use the ebay app on my phone and take pictures from it. I figured out that if I use a white background and turn up the brightness, I can get really good pictures.

Here's the results before and after:

ForumRunner_20140223_182051.png

ForumRunner_20140223_182121.png

Baltimore

Feb 18, 2013
Maryland/Vermont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pictures of coins can be tricky but a SLR camera with a macro lense will fix that.

If you have a scanner, scan them. Perfect brightness, clarity, and white balance. I figured this out by scanning patches, and they look 100x more professional. This works for anything flat, obviously.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread