jim 2.JPG
    14 KB · Views: 579

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
Arky 1 said:
some people don't like my friend but you can't please everyone. I got back into metal detecting after many years because my son got interested and now I am working on lessing the restrictions on recreational metal detecting on State Parks Land

good for you! i hope you can succeed in loosening the grip the government has put on the hobby. here in delaware as in many other places, people who detect are treated as if they are criminals. its a damn shame really. i wish there was a way for the archies and the detectorists to co exist. hell.....even cooperate.at any rate, welcome to the forum.

OP
OP
A

Arky 1

Oct 1, 2006
hollowpointred said:
Arky 1 said:
some people don't like my friend but you can't please everyone. I got back into metal detecting after many years because my son got interested and now I am working on lessing the restrictions on recreational metal detecting on State Parks Land

good for you! i hope you can succeed in loosening the grip the government has put on the hobby. here in delaware as in many other places, people who detect are treated as if they are criminals. its a damn shame really. i wish there was a way for the archies and the detectorists to co exist. hell.....even cooperate.at any rate, welcome to the forum.
thanks for the support if we don't start doing something now it will escalate and then are childern will have no place to enjoy there hobby thats the reason I said in my other post I need your help to email these guys that are making these directive that would help me this fall when I am trying to change there directives

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Welcome Arky. Tell Bill I said hello. Wish he was pres right now to be honest. Don't get me started.

buscadero

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Corpus Christi, Tx.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
;D Welcome Arky: Looking forward to some Pics of your Finds! Whose your Friend? Oh Yeah, I Remember! Better hide your Booze! ;D

Joe ;)

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Arky and good luck in your endeavor. I give you credit for any attempt you make but, when it comes to politics, the only thing that matters is money and the treehuggers have a huge lobby. Then there are the archeologists that feel history is reserved for them to uncover. Then you have John Q. that thinks it's okay to build sand castles and let their dogs crap in the park but, heaven forbid you dig and refill a hole. Politicians, not in the interest of common sense but in self preservation, listen to the majority. Representing the majority is what a democracy is all about but, in this case, the majority is not educated enough to know how much good metal detecting can do to a site. The politician finds it much easier to go with the flow than to try and educate their constituants. If you relax any laws or regulations, that were supposedly designed to protect the environment, Al Gore will have a coniption. Just my thoughts but good luck to you anyway.

Blackjack77

Jun 16, 2006
Minnesota
Me thinks this could become an interesting thread.........
Arky-- nice pic, thanks for sharing. Good luck
with the criminals, oops, I mean politicians!! ;D
HH

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Welcome to the forum, Bill.......yeah, you too Arky! :D

Thanks for your efforts on behalf of us detectorists. Keep up the good work! :)

OP
OP
A

Arky 1

Oct 1, 2006
Mona Lisa said:
Welcome to the forum, Bill.......yeah, you too Arky! :D

Thanks for your efforts on behalf of us detectorists. Keep up the good work! :)
thanks for the kind words please go to my post in general and email these guys at Arkansas State Parks showing your support

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hiya Arky! Welcome and cant wait to see your finds.
Looks like you and your buddy are having a good time I'd give him my vote is he running for anything? :D

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like your firend! I met him in Toronto a few years back...helluva nice guy...

S

shreddah

I wish your friend was still in office :'( :'( :'( things would be so much better. :-\ but anyways, I met him when he was here in seattle. I got a picture with him. If i can find a scanner to use Ill post it. but yeah, hes a helluva nice guy. and Ill vote for his wife if she runs.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome, Arky.

I like Bill a whole lot better out of office. The presidential hot seat does strange things to men. I really like the way he has dropped so much political hard lining like the former President George (HW)Bush. They are both doing a lot more out of office. Go figure.

Ed D.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread