Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My new AT Pro should be on it's way

I just bought my new AT Pro early this morning so I am thinking this next week is going to be a long one. I looked at used ones on eBay but felt I was better off buying myself a new one with the warranty. It is always nice to have new things :) and the price for the used ones was not all that great at around $500. I bought the Adventure Sport Pack that comes with the AT Pro with the stock coil, a 5x8 DD coil, two coil covers, the Garrett camo finds pouch and a 50th anniversary hat for just under $680 shipped. I didn't need a digger or pinpointer so this worked out great for me. I am hoping this will be a solid detector for me for many years to come. I will let you know how it looks when it gets here. I wish someone would have told me how addicting this hobby was before I bought that used detector in the fall. Have a safe New Year and Happy Hunting.

Upvote 0

Machinist

Dec 19, 2014
Vancouver, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Sunray X1 Probe, 11" DD coil, & 10x5" SEF coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations and yes, that will be one long week but, there is lots of reading here, on the forum about them, to keep you occupied. Happy New Year back and enjoy your new detector! :occasion14:

OP
OP
Pinball

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nothing like a good kick to the groin to start the new year off. About eleven hours after I bought this item on eBay I get an email while my Wife and I were out to eat stating that this business no longer had anymore of these Adventure Packs available. Not sure how this could be as when I clicked the Buy it Now there were 4 remaining. The good news is there was another place that still had this Pack for sale so I can now come down off the ledge...looks like it will still be a good 2015. Boy for about three hours there I was not a happy camper :) Lets try this again... Happy New Year and Happy Hunting...take 2

Last edited:

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can sense your happiness and anticipation. Good Luck down in Ashland and happy hunting. Lower Lorain county here.

OP
OP
Pinball

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The one that still had it in stock was Detection Net "A & S Company" on eBay. I guess I should still be keeping my fingers crossed as I am sure it will not be shipped in the next two days because of the Holiday. Now I am a little nervous...

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one that still had it in stock was Detection Net "A & S Company" on eBay. I guess I should still be keeping my fingers crossed as I am sure it will not be shipped in the next two days because of the Holiday. Now I am a little nervous...
That guy ships fast.

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and 350. Currently AT PRO.
You will love this machine. Got ours for Christmas. Have swung very little so for however what time I have spent with it I am very pleased. My recommendation as well as others will tell you is to start in pro mode and don't even bother with std mode. You will learn a lot playing with this mschine.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pinball the ground is freezing fast, you may want to find some woods and get permission to detect them since they do not require as meticulous plugging like parks and yards. Looking forward to seeing some great finds with your new detector.

Hope you have a happy and prosperous 2015!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, you think a week is a long time? Wait until you get the machine and then find the ground is frozen and you'll have to wait until it thaws in April sometime. :laughing7:

OP
OP
Pinball

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The good thing is this is Ohio...if you don't like the weather wait an hour...it'll change. I did my whole back yard with my Bounty Hunter so as long as there is not much snow on the ground I will be out there seeing if I missed anything. Winter is good as I am a Highway worker for the State and this year I will be putting all my OT towards time off in the spring and summer to go use this new toy :)

mikeraydj

Bronze Member
May 19, 2014
Montana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Deteknix X-Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nothing like the anticipation of a new toy. The next toys on my list are a new digger, a Nel hunter coil, and a sniper coil for trashy areas. Nice to have something to look forward to. My friend wants me to find him a detector too. I think I will steer him to a ATP, cause I don't want him to out hunt me. :laughing7: Congrats!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Pinball,

You purchased a fantastic machine! Learn her well and you will be rewarded with lots of great finds.

Regards,

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the dark side :headbang:

OP
OP
Pinball

Pinball

Dec 18, 2014
Ashland, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
MY AT PRO IS HERE ! I got up today (I am working snow and ice third shift for the winter) and my Wife had it sitting on the couch. Now that is some fast shipping from CA to OH in a couple day even with a Holiday in there. It is all together and man this is cool. The only problem is it is 15 degrees right now and going to get colder in the next couple of days. I did go out into my back yard for about five minutes and had a couple of targets of around 82 83 that the machine was saying were deeper than 10 inches...we will see. The good thing is I did all of my back yard with my Bounty Hunter and have it marked off with flags to mark where I stopped. It will be fun to see what this machine will pick up that I missed with my other one. There should be some good stuff here as my house is around 125 years old and I have lived here for the past thirty so I know no one has detected it. It is the original farm house for the area with the one road that goes around the property being named after the people that built the house. Should I start off my learning curve in Std mode or should I go right to Pro ? I will say that it did sound "busy" when in Pro mode compared to how my BH sounded. I am just afraid I will miss the deep targets when they ring in soft. There is a big difference in watching a youtube video compared to having the headphones on in real life! I figured I would throw my headphones on and have it all figured out...boy was I wrong :) This is going to be one great adventure. I will post what I find in the back yard that was ringing up in the 80s when we get back up in the 30s here in OH. Thanks for all the help ...time to go play

CladGrabber

Oct 10, 2013
Tulsa Ok
Detector(s) used
AT PRO...Equinox 800...garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go straight to pro mode from the start.
It does take awhile to get used to the "busy" sound of the machine. Look at it like this: that busy is the sound of targets not being masked.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd actually do it the other way around. Start in the standard mode, then shift to the pro mode after you've gridded the area thoroughly. It will give you a better idea of how much more effective the pro setting is.

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats enjoy, it is a great detector if you got one of the later version as im sure you did..read that manual.

Last edited:

fuzzy535

Dec 12, 2014
fairview park, ohio
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, ACE 350,
Fisher F4, whites prizm III, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have fun and enjoy it! Come income tax time thats going to be my choice! Then summers right around the corner! Congrats and look forward to or finds!

dustywallen

May 18, 2012
Kingsport, TN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and 350. Currently AT PRO.
Go straight to pro mode from the start.
It does take awhile to get used to the "busy" sound of the machine. Look at it like this: that busy is the sound of targets not being masked.

Very good advice here. Ignore the bad signals and dig the good ones in pro mode. Trust me you want regret it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread