My new board

Force_of_Iron

Aug 19, 2019
Formerly Ohio, now south
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the frame at the Goodwill for $2 thinking it would work out. I was unsure due to the color but once it was laid out I found it perfect to bring out the beauty of these stones.

I ripped out what was in the frame and set to work

The white really accents. I can't stop staring at it every time I walk into the room.

I used dabs of silicone to hold them trying not to overdo it.

20200301_205918.jpg

20200301_065246.jpg

Upvote 0

PaleIO

Apr 1, 2020
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nicely done! You have some beautiful artifacts. Thanks for sharing

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a cool display! :icon_thumleft: You have some really nice artifacts in there.

antmike915

Silver Member
Apr 20, 2020
SW Georgia
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
nice, can't beat $2 for a good looking frame like that, unless it was cheaper. Those artifacts look good in it.

MAMucker

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2019
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice frame. Great job laying them out too. Real beauties grouped together very well.

In my displays, I use foam backing to press points against the case glass. This works very well for me, and so far, with no known negative effects.

The silicone seems to do a great job too, but I wonder if anyone has had any long term issues using it on artifacts?

OP
OP
Force_of_Iron

Force_of_Iron

Aug 19, 2019
Formerly Ohio, now south
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im kind of reluctant to do it but Im not using silicone on any porous points or ones that have alot of uneven texture. I choose these point for this frame because I believe that I can shave them off (or someone else ) when the time comes with a razorblade or my fingernail with a little bit of effort.

Since then Ive gotten some points with Elmers glue. I read on this board that you can just soak them in water for a time and it will come right off. This is absolutely true, very easy to remove. I had no idea.

If I do another Ill probably use that now that I am a bit more educated. It cant be easier to remove than this and it bonds pretty well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread