my new garrett 250

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Congrats!! You are going to love it! There are a lot of 250 users that can give you pointers but it is a very easy machine to learn and finds a lot of great stuff. Can't wait to see you posting some finds!! Happy Hunting!!

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
I think I'm excited for you too.Good start metal detector I hear some good and bad.
All depends on what you will be doing with it.
Where to hunt, what and how.

Check out the reviews by owners section. :icon_sunny:

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
The 250 is my next detector. I want it as a back up and because I have heard so many good things about it.
I tried one, its simple, light, easy to use and the batteries last. Gnewt

Korban

Nov 2, 2006
New York
Detector(s) used
Xterra 30, Sov GT
My friend uses the Ace 250 he has made some great finds with it. I think its faily easy to learn. Its a good detector. Enjoy!

acedigger

Aug 20, 2007
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Nox 600, Ace 250
I absolutely love mine. I have found quite a bit of coins with it. I have also found a little gold with it too. Take plenty of time to learn it and read everything you can about it. There are lots of tips and pointers on this site. You can also go to youtube and do a search for the 250. There are several videos that will also help you. The most important thing I know to learn is the pinpointing. Once you figure that out your digging time will go down tremendously.

Good Luck with it!!

Casull

Jan 17, 2007
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
I think you will really like it. I've had mine about a year. I would suggest you pick up the Sniper coil for it (works great in "junky" areas), and runs about $65. It got me interested in detecting again (had been away from it for about 15 years). I plan on moving up to the X-terra 70 and have mine for sale on here, but if it doesn't sell, I will probably just keep it as a back-up (they are great little detectors). HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread