My New Garrett AT Pro has arrived!

meals55

Feb 6, 2009
Gilbertsville,PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4800, T2 ltd, T2 Classic, Tarsacci, Garrett AT Gold, XP Deus 2, Tesoro Compadre,Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my Garrett AT Pro today from Bart's Big Boy Hobbies. Thanks Bart for a GREAT deal and very fast delivery. I got the Fisher F75 ltd from Bart last year and love that machine. I can't wait to check out the AT Pro. I plan on using it for river and stream hunting this year. Also gonna try it at some of my favorite sites I have hunted alot. I am up to six detectors now. Hope the wife doesn't find out. hahaha

speter42

Jan 22, 2013
St Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
Leaning toward A Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just for kicks...what are the 1st four numbers of your new AT Pro? and i'll tell you when it was made!

speter42

Jan 22, 2013
St Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just for kicks...what are the 1st four numbers of your new AT Pro? and i'll tell you when it was made! (the serial #)

OP
OP
meals55

meals55

Feb 6, 2009
Gilbertsville,PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4800, T2 ltd, T2 Classic, Tarsacci, Garrett AT Gold, XP Deus 2, Tesoro Compadre,Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

speter42

Jan 22, 2013
St Paul, MN
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi...It was made during the 3rd week of 2013...Hard to get any newer then that! Great!

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
speter42 said:
Hi...It was made during the 3rd week of 2013...Hard to get any newer then that! Great!

Ok, I'll bite.
How do you know that?
Is there a formula to figure it out?
If so, can you explain so I can figure out when mine was made?

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Haha that's new mine should arrive next Tuesday.

grizj

May 22, 2011
maryland
Detector(s) used
Waterproof unit
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My wife thinks i only have 3 :dontknow:beats me where the others came from.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great detector I realy like mine. The serial number starts wit a 5 the next number is year then month then day. Have a fun and good luck!

OP
OP
meals55

meals55

Feb 6, 2009
Gilbertsville,PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks speter42!

oakhunter27

Mar 25, 2010
ohio
I got my Garrett AT Pro today from Bart's Big Boy Hobbies. Thanks Bart for a GREAT deal and very fast delivery. I got the Fisher F75 ltd from Bart last year and love that machine. I can't wait to check out the AT Pro. I plan on using it for river and stream hunting this year. Also gonna try it at some of my favorite sites I have hunted alot. I am up to six detectors now. Hope the wife doesn't find out. hahaha

My # is 53048696 so when was it made

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! AT Pro seems to be a great detector! I'm interested in getting one, the 2 year warranty just kinda scares me.

DEHew64

Jan 29, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Gold Stinger
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the AT Pro on order, how doyou like yours? I really excited about getting mine out into the field.

:icon_thumleft:

Ok since I made this post I've found out that my wife has held off on ordering it since the back order may take a while :( I'm not real happy about it but I've always thought good things happen to those who wait!

Last edited:

scurvy_seadog

Feb 9, 2013
Grays Harbor washington
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Bounty hunter Pioneer 505, Garrett pro pointer, Garrett AT Gold.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great detector I realy like mine. The serial number starts wit a 5 the next number is year then month then day. Have a fun and good luck!

No 5 is just standard then the year then the week it was made so mine says 5304 so it is 2013 the 4th week of Jan Garrett only puts those dates in the SN. That is right from Garrett.

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been using an AT Pro for about a month. Seems to find things fairly deep. It likes to talk when I carry it. Definitely not the most silent detector I have used. I like the discriminate and tone sounds, because I am not too habitual at looking at the readout all the time. Seems like a winner to me.

JohnChase1989

Feb 13, 2013
Oregon City, OR
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Ace 250, Garrett Pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just got my Garrett AT Pro yesterday! I'm stoked! Tomorrow I'm going to a 1850's homestead along the Columbia River on the Washington side across from Portland. This detector has amazed me in my tests with it. Any tips for it would be great!

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got my Garrett AT Pro yesterday! I'm stoked! Tomorrow I'm going to a 1850's homestead along the Columbia River on the Washington side across from Portland. This detector has amazed me in my tests with it. Any tips for it would be great!

The pinpoint features seems fairly accurate, but not as accurate as my Cibola. I still do the "X" pattern and I push my coil down to the ground and check the depth before I dig. It seems to give a more stable depth reading and is more accurate this way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread