My new silver coin box...Wally World Special

W

whites6000inPa

I've long been pondering getting these common coins out of their mylar prisons. I was at the local WalMart today and spied this great silver plated box...for just 12 bucks. I had enough clad laying on the desk that I allowed that I would purchase it for my diggin's. All of the stuff in here was either dug, or was bought with clad I dug The silver dollars, all but 4 halves, and a 5 dimes were purchased. The rest is "dig-em-ups" as my wife calls them.

I have a few special coins that are still in mylar, but I like these common coins better this way. I can pick some up and look at them and feel as though I have a coin in my hand...rather than a book of matches....oh yeah, lots of folks here don't even remember "books" of matches. There I go dating myself again.

It'll take me a long time to fill this bad boy with coins...but I intend to try.

Wyatt

Attachments

• BOX1.JPG
    BOX1.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 885
  • BOX2.JPG
    BOX2.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 973
That's a lovely collection Wyatt!

Nana ;)

that looks sweet,, very nice,, love the rings,, love the box,, :) ;D

I kind of had a pirate's treasure chest in mind...but I liked the fact that the rings would display well in this one. The ground's beginning to firm up now. It won't be frozen for a couple weeks yet....amybe I'll get a chance to put a couple more in there.

Thanks

Wyatt

I do really like your little treasure chest there! Now, go bury it in my back yard so I can find it. That sounds like a fun activity for one of us at least! ;)

Thanks for the great idea! got mine tonight for 5.30 including tax!
paid for it in clad.. now I have some catching up to do! ;D

Attachments

• MVC-551S.JPG
    MVC-551S.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 687
  • MVC-552S.JPG
    MVC-552S.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 675
I love the silver coin box,it's very pretty and the coins and rings look great in there!

Good idea. They way they should look. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back