May 22, 2007
Western Colorado

Attachments

• Tank 1998 2003.jpg
    Tank 1998 2003.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 312
F

Felinepeachy

Oh no!! Old Dog, I am so sorry to hear this news. :'( I know with all my heart that Tank is in heaven. I hope you know that too.

:occasion14: TO TANK, A MOST BELOVED FRIEND :occasion14:

Attachments

• p1401.jpg
    p1401.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 307

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
I'm so sorry. It's so hard to lose our pets.
I'm still missing the dude in my avatar and he's been gone 5 years :(

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear these sad news. :'(

sunset&dog (2).jpg

Attachments

• sunset&dog (2).jpg
    sunset&dog (2).jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 284

desertfox

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites, Tesoro, Fisher and Minelab
When you get to heaven, Tank, say hi to Bentley for me. I lost him 5 years ago and its just as hard today as it was the day I lost him.
To you, Tank and Old Dog!

Desertfox

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
I am at a loss of words, I didn't think I would miss him so much.

He may be the avatar I don't change for a long time.
I've never had a dog with so much personality.
I mean all the time.
He was ornery, but always caring.
He worked as a therapy dog ... loving folks right up to a couple days ago.
He just knew ... a rare trait.
So glad he shared it with me.

S

seger98

Sorry Old Dog. It's hard to lose a pet. My avatar I had to put down a year & a half ago. Still think about her everyday. :-\

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom I am so very sorry.. I still miss our Snug, Kitty and Lucy and Liz ! They had such personalities, not a day goes by I don' think about them!

Attachments

• sympathy-girl-and-dog.png
    sympathy-girl-and-dog.png
    114.3 KB · Views: 261
OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
thanks all for the wonderful thoughts and kind words.
Sometimes the big things are so much easier to deal with than little things.
This one jumped up and bit me hard.

It has been a week and The tears want to flow just as quick as they did days ago.
Just goes to show you how close you can get to a big ugly slobbering mess of a dog.

A friend sent this and it has helped a lot,
thought it would be a good place to share it.

"I Stood By Your Bed Last Night "

I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep. I could see that you were crying, You found it hard to sleep.

I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear, "It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."

I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea, You were thinking of the many times, your hands reached down to me.

I was with you at the shops today, Your arms were getting sore. I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today, You tend it with such care. I want to reassure you, that I'm not lying there.

I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key. I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said "it's me."

You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair. I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there.

It's possible for me to be so near you everyday. To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."

You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew, in the stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.

The day is over... I smile and watch you yawning and say "good-night, God bless, I'll see you in the morning."

And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide, I'll rush across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side.

I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see. Be patient, live your journey out ... then come home to be with me.

- Author unknown -

goldenlady

Mar 5, 2008
colorado springs, co
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Strike
Primary Interest:
Other
So sorry to hear of the loss of your pet Tank. I can understand as we lost our mountain and camping companion about 5 years ago. It gets better in time but the love and loss is still there.

Take care,

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Thom,
I sure hate that you lost your buddy. It does take a long time to get to where you don't hurt as bad. I lost my little buddy a few years back and I still miss him a lot. This isn't the best pic of him but it was the first one I could find. He was a hard headed little stinker and ran like a bullet if he got outside without his leash but I wouldn't have taken a million dollars for him. Hang in there buddy.
Nathan

Attachments

• IMG_1584 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_1584 - Copy.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 224

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread