R_Arn15

Jun 24, 2019
South Ms.
Detector(s) used
ML Equinox 800
Older Whites IDX PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I haven't posted in awhile tho I have hunted a few times in the past couple of months. I have found a few old tokens and a piece of silver or two that I didn't post but I have to post these today. I hunted a permission today that I've been to only once for about an hour. I found a couple cool things then like an old thimble that was advertisement for a sheriff candidate back in the late teens and early twenties. I may post it later if anyone is curious to see it. Its a little bent up but you can read it and that's the most important part I guess. Anyway today I went back. Had much better luck! Found a few Wheaties right of the bat but then I got that nice high tone! About 6-8 inches down I turned over the dirt and I could see it was a silver dime. I had no idea it was going to be my oldest mercury! Rinsed the dirt off and there it was 1918! I thought boy if I don't find anything else I'll be happy to take this baby home. It was probably and hour later the Nox rang a steady 21. Of course I dug a few screw caps bouncing 19-21 but this one locked in so I decided to dig it. Thank goodness I did. About 8 inches down I popped out a penny. As I cleaned the front I began to see the image of the Indian Head! That tickled me to death but when I got it readable I saw the date...…1881!!! That is the oldest IHP I have ever dug. I also need some help on a medallion I found. It's heavy for its size so I figure its copper. If anyone has ever seen this emblem please let me know. I don't know why the pic loaded sideways but it did. O well> Thanks for looking!!!!! /SIZE]

Merc n Indian.jpeg

Emblem.jpeg

Upvote 14

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread