My oldest Wheatie

Rich in Texas

Jun 23, 2003
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MXT X2, Exploder, and Classic III
Got this one a few weeks ago and had to soak it too. Could not even tell what it was. It came out of the ground near my buddy Don's 1901 V-Nickel. I was hoping for an Indian but I'll take a 1910 Wheatie.

Rich

Attachments

• 1910w copy.jpg
    1910w copy.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 220
Upvote 0
R

rvbvetter

Some soils just don't do a coin any service. Has good definition though. Have you checked the coin books to see what it's worth? I have a 1912s and 1913s that i dug. That are $7.oo and $10.oo respectively. In just good condition. Great find! HH

R

rvbvetter

stoney; You might, but i wouldn't count on being dug up. HH

red

Feb 17, 2005
Lexington, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ70, Garrett 500
Beats my find for the day.
My nickel for the day you could tell had words around it and I think I can make out an 80 in the date so I gess its 1880. ?Aw heck if I'm going to guess I'll just tell evryone its an 1800 nickel ?;D there I feel better all ready with that find.

?Red

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
rvbvetter, you might be suprised. Think I'll have myself buried just outside the cemetary fence with some walkers underneath me.HAHA
Red, sounds like a very rare nickle, an 1880 Jefferson-gotta be worth the price of a new cz-20 at least ;D

R

rvbvetter

stoney; LOL You just might be then. But sprinkle a few above so we can get a signal. lol HH

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Nope, gonna put my detector on top of me, you're gonna need it cause it gets those Deep coins maybe even down to 6 feet ;D HH

scavenger

Oct 21, 2004
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre (Soon to be teknetics T2SE)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sweet find, only one wheatie for me so far. about 1/2 dozen detectorists in my littlecity that i know of and about every park and school has been annihilated.

OP
OP
Rich in Texas

Rich in Texas

Jun 23, 2003
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MXT X2, Exploder, and Classic III
Hey scavenger, when I hunt hunted out places I go where most don't want to go. Get a small coil if you don't have one and get around under bushes and shrubs, go into uncut areas of grass, detect hillsides, etc. Most detectorists like to hit the easy to swing spots. A lot of them will also disc out nickels. A good Buffalo or V-Nickel is awesome when you know the place has been picked clean by others just cherry picking.

Richard

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread