my permission letter

bigalathenstn

Mar 20, 2007
I found some property to detect on and i offered a 50/50 split but the guy wants money for a 6 month lease instead of splitting what i find,so I made this letter up, I used a few lines from a sample letter I found online. Tell me what you think

I,______________________________________________________ , do hereby grant permission

for____________________________________________ and/ or

_____________________________________________to have access to the

property

located at ___________________________________________for the purpose of metal detecting.

It is understood that I, _____________________________________ have agreed upon a one

time fee of $_______.00 for a period of six (6) months from the date of the signing of

this letter to grant this permission. I also relinquish any and or all rights to item(s) that are found

on said property above.

It is understood that I am hereby

released of any liability for injuries incurred while above mentioned individual(s) is/are on the

property.

Property owner________________________________ Dates Effective________________Through __________________

Detectorist____________________________________Date _________________

Detectorist____________________________________Date __________________

Upvote 0

coin finder

Jan 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Beach Hunter ID 300
Hi, This is Coin Finder here, about the (letter) it look good... But people are afraid of being (sued) if you fall down and get hurt, people sue all the time and that way it is so hard to find a place to hunt- Metal Detecting , but good luck with the Letter. aka = Joe :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: ::) ::)

Dan Hughes

Aug 26, 2008
Champaign, IL
Detector(s) used
Several
Don't use this form!

You can't absolve the owner of liability unless you cancel your insurance, because the insurance company will sue him if they have to pay a medical bill for you. This line might even make your insurance void. You need a lawyer to write a contract!

Unless you're on the track of something really big, don't use a contract at all. They build big hopes in the owner's mind, and they make your search look like a really big deal. That's the last thing you want!

Listen to my podcast on permission letters, show #042 here:

http://thetreasurecorner.com

---Dan Hughes, http://treasuremanual.com

OP
OP
B

bigalathenstn

Mar 20, 2007
The owner of the property asked me to make up a contract or permission slip,so should i just take out the liability part?

Electrocute

Jul 9, 2010
Texas
I _____ grant permission to ____ to hunt my property located at __________
for the fee of ____.

Property Owner __________
Hunter ________

Keep it as simple as possible.

Dan Hughes

Aug 26, 2008
Champaign, IL
Detector(s) used
Several
I'm no lawyer, but if a property owner asked me to write up a permission slip, I'd keep it very simple:

In consideration of a fee of $_________, I as owner of the property at ________________ do grant permission for _______________ to search my land with a metal detector at his convenience any time between the dates of _________ and __________, and to keep anything he finds.

He in turn will use all due diligence to return the property to its original state, covering holes and removing recovered trash.

_____________________(property owner)
_____________________(detectorist)

OP
OP
B

bigalathenstn

Mar 20, 2007
Dan Hughes said:
I'm no lawyer, but if a property owner asked me to write up a permission slip, I'd keep it very simple:

In consideration of a fee of $_________, I as owner of the property at ________________ do grant permission for _______________ to search my land with a metal detector at his convenience any time between the dates of _________ and __________, and to keep anything he finds.

He in turn will use all due diligence to return the property to its original state, covering holes and removing recovered trash.

_____________________(property owner)
_____________________(detectorist)

I like this one, I want to use the part where I keep what I find since he turned down a 50/50 split, and I know if we find something worth anything he would want it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions