My Personal Headphones that I made

duggr

May 4, 2006
Fort Madison Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Built this set and changed a couple thing's I used Premium Quality Neutrik Connectors on both ends of the cord. These
connectors are worth the price and are so much easier to work with. I added a Mini toggle for the Stereo/Mono switch on
the second set and installed some rubber grommets for the speaker wiring. I used two 150-ohm 55mm speakers for the
the newer set as well,wired like they are produces an 83 ohm load and works great for my CTX. I installed a volume pot
on the first set to experiment a little and decided not to add one to the second set because every detector I have has a volume
control itself. The first set with the pot is going to my hunting buddy Joe as a gift. I let him try them on his AT Pro and he likes
the High Volume he gets with these compared to the stock Garrett headphones that Garrett Supply's with the AT pro.My next set
I will be using Howard Leigh T3 along with some Piezo's and appropriate Waterproof Connectors to make a pair of underwater
Headphones for my CTX that will last. Hopefully these will turn out ok as I never ventured into this type of headphone before.

OP
OP
duggr

duggr

May 4, 2006
Fort Madison Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe Black is better on the eyes!

Got a Black pair of Bilsom V-3's (marked Howard Leigh). Wired the right side volume and installed the
M/S switch behind it. Still need to install the left speaker and volume pot, just waiting for some new microphone cord
and rubber grommets to wire the speakers up! Below is a few photos. Just noticed while posting the photos that I forgot to put a black vinyl
cover on the M/S switch. Really Like the Light Weight design of these muffs along with the ability to be able to move the headband behind my
neck when using my sunny day hat

OP
OP
duggr

duggr

May 4, 2006
Fort Madison Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just finished up the Black V-3's All good and ready to go!
Mono/Stereo on the right side toward the back with a volume control for each ear and Military grade Mic cord and Top of the line Neutrik Connectors.
I used a 5-conductor cord and soldered two conductors on both the ring and tip so if one wire should fatigue after prolonged use the other will pick up
the signal. The cord will stretch to over 7'.!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions