Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Good going Relic, keep 'em coming!

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
You would be surprised at how fast quarters add up. I do the same thing and bought a used truck years ago with $1,100 in quarters that I had accumulated.

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got me to thinking. I went and counted my quarter stash and I have $31.25. Heck, I don't even remember putting in half of them. Must be because we really do get a lot of quarters in change since the .50 piece is all but forgotten.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first year MDing I threw all the clad I found into a jar and when I cashed it in it came to over $300.00! I was really surprised. Monty

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to do that with all my change at the end of the day. I put it in a jug by my bedroom window. One year I had over $400.00 in change. I did this for a couple of years. Then my daughter found my jug and she would take out change every now and then so I quit putting it in my jug. So my daughter get most of it now. She is only 5 so I guess my money is going to a good cause......Matt

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
Dang that would be alot of quarters.

Yeah and I made my wife count and roll most of it.

M

michigan michael

mlayers said:
I used to do that with all my change at the end of the day. I put it in a jug by my bedroom window. One year I had over $400.00 in change. I did this for a couple of years. Then my daughter found my jug and she would take out change every now and then so I quit putting it in my jug. So my daughter get most of it now. She is only 5 so I guess my money is going to a good cause......Matt
You should set some aside for her and bury the rest........in Michigan! ;D :thumbsup: :D

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I put all my pocket change in an old coin bag from a defunct bank.
When it gets too heavy I take it to the free coin counter at the bank and then into savings account.
I have to watch it though as I accidently had a couple .22 shells in there. Might have caused some excitement at the bank...
Every 6 months they pull out enough for life insurance and the rest just adds up.
Found coins go into another bag. Guess I will just keep those.
Grey

rugratt

Dec 19, 2008
Erie, Pa
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, whites DFX
Try this. I saved all my quarters and filled a 1lb. coffee can. Guess how much a coffee can of quarters is? Im now working on filling a can with gold dollars......

greydigger

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2008
Aloha, Orygun
Detector(s) used
wishing stick
Primary Interest:
Other
I would love to fill a coffee can with 1 oz. Suisse Credits.
For some reason nobody loses them anymore.

Grey

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread