My poetry book has been officially released

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Hello to all my friends!! Been a while but I have been busy with life and writing too. I only got out TH'ing about 6 times this season but did play a lot of golf. Maybe next year I will TH a little more.

Great news for me, after working on it for a couple years, my book manuscript was accepted by a Boston Massachussetts publisher. Mice Verses Man was officially released yesterday by Big Table Publishing Company. I am really excited as you can imagine as this was one of my biggest goals when I started writing poetry in 2002.

I will be getting my copies next week and will be promoting it around here and there, doing readings trying to get it out there. I will paste the official press release below but if anyone is interested in buying a signed copy from me you can PM me here for details and payment options, email me at [email protected], or go to my Mice Verses Man blog where I have a Paypal Button there on the right side where you can make a purchase. http://miceversesman.blogspot.com

Thanks for reading, I miss you all a lot. I hope you know that this board and you, my friends are a huge inspiration to me and part of the reason I am able to celebrate this moment.
Peace to all!
Boobydoo
aka R Jay Slais

Press Release:

Mice Verses Man
by R Jay Slais
Now Available from Big Table Publishing Company Chapbook Series

From the edgy anticipation of his first prostate exam witnessed by an attractive young nurse trainee, to dealing with his new status as a single father of two heartsick children, R Jay Slais simply refuses to cower from matters that are embarrassing, terrifying, or heartbreaking. Honest observations, as if painted by an artist's brush colorized with the pain and emotion the natural world so often presents, Mice Versus Man takes readers on a treacherous journey through regret, divorce, death, and drug addiction, until at last we reach insight, wisdom and whoa, even romance!

W.B. Burkholder at Troubador21 said, “R Jay Slais is a dynamic poet, whose first collection, Mice Verses Man, is destined to fly from the shelves.” For Steve Meador, author of Pack Your Bags, A Good Sharp Knife, and Throwing Percy from the Cherry Tree, “R Jay Slais braids nature with humor and face-slapping reality that allows the reader to feel like a longtime friend. He is adept with language, structure and planting seeds of emotion, and one cannot help but feel lifted by 'January and all its newness is coming.'” And Seth Michelson, author of House in a Hurricane, said, “R Jay Slais will turn your mouth into a harp, and with it you'll mourn what's lost always. Here are the deaths of children by disease and drugs, the destruction of a marriage, a world haunted by dead parents, and so much brutally more. At the same time, these poems resist despair, and that clash climaxes in exultant moments of lyrical trembling. It often begins so quietly, in close observations of the quotidian, the mundane, before spreading outward, quickly, in concentric circles soon to enclose you in their world. Such is the pleasure of Mice Verses Man.”

Attachments

• 24OCT09 Poet Portrait - Didi.jpg
    24OCT09 Poet Portrait - Didi.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 1,135
  • cover1.jpg
    cover1.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 1,143

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
My do we ever miss you too!! I am so very happy for you! I have always loved reading your poetry and I am glad it is now published so that so many others can share in it as well. It is great to hear that things are going well in your life. Know you are very much loved and missed here! ~hugsnprayers~ Cyn

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Thanks Cyn, always good to hear from you and I appreciate your support and friendship. Hope all is well your way!
Smiles!
BDoo

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have always had slightly more admiration for writers than I have had for the gainfully employed. (only joking) Seriously, congratulations on getting published. That is a milestone, and definitely one of those 'Yeeeee-haaaaaaaaaaaa!!!' moments. What's next?

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
RGINN said:
I have always had slightly more admiration for writers than I have had for the gainfully employed. (only joking) Seriously, congratulations on getting published. That is a milestone, and definitely one of those 'Yeeeee-haaaaaaaaaaaa!!!' moments. What's next?

Thank you for the read and encouragement. Being a poet helps me keep my sanity but I still can't quit my day job but getting this book out there is truely exciting for sure. I will just keep writing and trying to get published in lit mags and another book sometime too and most of have fun with it like anything else good in life.

Take care, best of luck, thanks again!

Smiles!
BDoo

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
Very cool BDoo. Heartfelt congrats. Hope to see some finds from you in 2010. You have your "King of the Woodchips" title to defend. ;D

DM

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Digginman said:
Very cool BDoo. Heartfelt congrats. Hope to see some finds from you in 2010. You have your "King of the Woodchips" title to defend. ;D

DM

Appreciate that my friend. I played a lot of golf this year rather then detecting a lot, but I did get out a few times and had fun and had a few goodies found. Hopefully, I can TH more next season. Thanks! Hug that wonderful kid for me!

smiles!
BDoo

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Greetings Hawkeye
I see that treasure hunting is not your only passion blessed with success.
.....hope the same can be said of your golf game.
Wonderful reviews....congrats....Joe

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the published work! :wink: I didn't even get out metal detecting that much last season...until finally taking a trip to AZ in Oct/Nov. Hopefully I'll get more T"Hing done this year too...if the snow goes away.

Nice job on the poetry book, great news! :thumbsup:

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
BUMP. :)
Just ordered a copy for my girl, she will be stoked to get a signed copy. She is quite the poet herself ya know. Hey Booby, when you sign her copy could you keep it clean.........no foul language, no comments bout her ample bosom please? :D EVERYONE here should buy a copy, $14 shipped, cant beat that! I'll post a review after we receive the book! :icon_thumleft: Gratz Booby, this is really a big deal & we are all very proud of you here at TN! :hello2:

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
*Bump*

Just received your book BDoo & it is impressive! My girl is excited, she gets to read it first! From what I read before she took it away from me, it seems you got a way with words! :icon_thumleft: Very cool inscription too, that really hit home with her! Thanks so much, I encourage everybody to buy an autographed copy of this book while he is relatively unknown...........when he hits the New York Times Best Sellers list he may not even talk to us anymore!! :D:hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread