SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey guys these are points ive found while metal detecting. My 2 favorite came out of the same field. One is quartz and the other is a dull white stone. Can anyone ID them? I am a newb when it comes to these. I also have a tip on a little known place where over 5000 arrowheads were found. I can tell you I love finding these as much as colonial relics! Thanks for looking. JIM

Upvote 0

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the last photo the one on the right looks like a Normanskill 4000 to 6000 yrs old, the one on the left looks like a Vosburg 6000 to 7000 yrs old JMO great finds:icon_thumleft:

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The quartz ones are the hardest to get a good ID on. I find them also and do enjoy them but dont know what some of mine are. Nice collection

OP
OP
SouthJerseyJim

SouthJerseyJim

Jan 8, 2009
Nova Cæsarea
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 LTD 13" Detech
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the replies guys. Up to 7000 years old wow...Really cool stuff. What type of arrowheads in the northeast are typically known to be the oldest?

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there are alot of old points in the ne,haw river.,holcombe, clovis, delbert, cumberland are the ones to get i think but you have northumberland too... they go back 11,250 years, clovis 11,500 years. you should ask for a overstreet identication book for christmas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread