My privy bottles

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
Here are some of my pics from the past couple years of privy digging. Numerous "hutch" sodas, blob-top sodas and beers, pre-pro crown tops, medicines, sauces, dairies, drug stores and a nice Pitsburgh double eagle flask. These bottles were dug in the Miami Valley of Ohio. City lots of homes built before 1900. I dig bottles, cans, coins, tokens and artifacts.

Attachments

• IM000478.JPG
    IM000478.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 1,045
  • IM000481.JPG
    IM000481.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 1,065

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello DD,that is one very nice collection you got there !I.ve been meaning to dig some privy's,got one that dates to the 1700's that was partialy dug years ago and had broken historicals in it.Looking at your finds just lit a fire under my backside ! :o

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
Great digging,those privies are a bunch of work but you can make some really great finds. Embossed milks are about my favorite,I like the little pints and half-pints and the cream tops are wonderful but almost always broken. Keep digging those privies its great work you are doing over there in Ohi,HH...Shoot

OP
OP
daytondigger

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
crazyjarhead said:
Those are some "sweet" bottles Steve :thumbsup:
Cool!!, I think you might have the privy digging bug. With your permission getting skills you should be ready for me to show you how it's done before long. ;D

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. I wonder if any of them ever thought that we would happily be digging thru these things so many years later. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions