My research has lead ne to this..

joesdigs

Dec 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi folks... I've spent the last 6 months researching here in Ireland and have identified a few places where I may find alluvial gold... Another spot is sitting on a mass sulphide which diamonds and gemstones and gold should occur.. But here is my first place of interest.. The black lines are gold veins and there are a few rivers and streams in the area.. Each line is around 10Km long.. Exciting spring ahead :)

Attachments

• image-1681013957.jpg
    image-1681013957.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 106
Upvote 0

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,

You should check out what people are doing Moss Mining and crevicing on the prospecting forum.Theres
loads of info on likely spots, and on youtube theres some recent videos of two lads searching the
rivers around Wicklow and Wexford. Theres definitely gold there.

Is there gold in the Wicklow Hills?

Good luck finding it,

Rory

G

OP
OP
joesdigs

joesdigs

Dec 20, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey MrT. Yes I'm very aware of the Wexford and Wicklow gold finds.. There was a 24oz nugget found in a burn in the Wicklow mountains.. All in all the locals took 300kg of gold from these rivers... These areas are too far away from me but I probably will take a trip down some weekend as I have info on a stream that is around 25km from where most people are looking... But for this coming spring my main areas are Donegal Tyrone(a specific river here) and a stretch in co Down... This will be my first prospecting and I'm excited to see what I can uncover..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread