CarsonChris

Feb 11, 2019
Carson City NV
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watched a video by Neil Jones. He’s a Nox guru in England. He invited a Simplex tester into his test garden. He has 3 levels of tests in the test garden. Easy, intermediate, and difficult. The Simplex simply didn’t find one target in the difficult section. The Vanquish outperformed the Simplex in all tests. The Nox outperformed the Vanquish in the intermediate and difficult test garden. The classic part is when the Simplex user is falsing on iron in the difficult section and gets told he didn’t find one target.

PowerDubs

Oct 6, 2015
NWNJ
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've had my 'nox for a few years now. Several guys nearby have them as well.

I bought it to see what it could do- and I also own a CTX and an AT Pro.

Honestly- I never liked the nox other than light weight and speed of processing. Yea it finds small items- 22 bullets, etc. But the amount of good targets (coins, rings, buttons, etc) hasn't improved.

I also dig a LOT more trash with the nox than I did with the CTX because the ctx was far superior in identifying the target.

Good thing I won't need to worry about either anymore. ;)

treasureguy56

Mar 31, 2019
Half way Between Perry and Owosso Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1210 , Tesoro Golden Sabre , CZ5 , Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isnt it more about the available tools and combinations that you get with the Equinox versus the other machines . All of them have their strengths but they all don't have the versatility that you get with the Equinox . From my point of view , when you purchase an Equinox you are getting a handful of different machines all in one waterproof package .
Are there issue's with this new machine - YES , but with all new toys come's new issue's and problems to overcome . This machine , once you learn it will become more than one tool with its available combinations . In my opinion , that IS one of its key strengths , all of the different combinations . Confusing at time's and definitely not a beginner's machine unless you have patience - If you want ease of use , try the Simplex . If you want more detecting ability and have some experience , get yourself an Equinox !
You must learn it to be successful , but successful you will be if you have patience .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread