MY REVIEW OF THE F5

marky1016

Greenie
Apr 8, 2008
Detector(s) used
FISHER CZ7a w/SUNRAY PROBE;F5;F75
I bought a F5 in July 2008 and am happy with its performance..Found my oldest coin with it a 1817 large cent in a plowed field 3" deep..also a mercury &3 indian heads..Still learning the ins &outs..the manual is not the best but a good machine for the $..Its recovery is fast and you can cover ground fast. On coins its depth is about 10" not alot...It is very user freindly, every thing is right at your fingers..No scrolling through menus..I just hope more coils become available for it then we might get more depth.To get good depth I run it on gain 65 or higher and thres on +2 or +3..It chatters a little on those settings but you get good depth..When you hit a coin you know it....Very lite so you can swing all day...

lms7652

May 19, 2006
There is supposed to be two new coils coming out this spring that will fit the F5. Read it on another forum.

Dcoop

Jan 12, 2009
New Castle,DE
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5
got mine in Dec,does well on beach and land,been running it mostly at zero thres and bout 35 gain,gonna try your settings,am still learning it too,recovery speed is awesome,just need bigger coil now.

metalmolly

Nov 5, 2008
Enjoyed your review, but are you saying that you are digging coins at 10" and that's not good depth?

metalmolly

Nov 5, 2008
Digging coins at 10" with the F5?????

Marky, you never answered and I'm still wondering. You said you are getting 10" coin depth with the F5. Are you digging coins at 10" with the F5? And if so, why do you consider that not a lot of depth?

lms7652

May 19, 2006
He must have gotten a good one. I have owned two and neither one of them would even come close to a coin at 10" even in an air test.

OP
OP
marky1016

marky1016

Greenie
Apr 8, 2008
Detector(s) used
FISHER CZ7a w/SUNRAY PROBE;F5;F75
Yes it was at around 10" give or take but of course I didnt have a tape measure handy... :icon_scratch:It was a large cent in a plowed field..I also had it cranked up to the point that it was churping like crazy even with it making the noise you could Definatly tell it hit a coin...All my machines air test at the same depth..But in the field my Cz7a does better than the F5 :icon_scratch:Maybe because you cant ground balance very well in the air..Not a real world scenario... :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions