MY REWARD TODAY, A US-BUCKLE...

L

lovedigging

I got back from Florida yesterday and even though I had carried my machine and found lots of coins on the beach it wasn't the same as looking for cw-relics. I laid in bed all night thinking about a place that I had found last year. My brother and I had dug lot's of relics from that site so I knew it still had potential. At 4:00 a.m. I couldn't stand it any longer so I got up and got my things together. I headed out at 4:30 to make the hour drive. Once I arrived and walked to the site it was still dark but within a few minutes I had my first bullet so I felt alot better. Twenty-minutes into the hunt and within a few feet of the road I found the US-Buckle, I was very excited but it's not the same when your there by yourself so instead of the happy dance I just smiled and thanked god for making me so lucky... I hit the area for a few more hours and came up with the eagle button, Scabbord tip, melted lid and a few more bullets. On the way home I called my brother DCooper1 who had to work today and told him about my luck so it look's like we will have to return there another day to see if maybe one more plate is still hiding there. Hope you enjoy the pictures and have a great weekend!!!

Upvote 0

time4me

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2005
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Explorer II, Excalibur
Incredible find! Congrats :thumbsup:

dcooper1

Oct 23, 2005
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
New Excalibur II, DFX w 12" Super and stock coil, XLT with stock coil, 14" & 6" coils
DA-DA-DA-DANG IT!!!!
And I had to work today.
Good job on ANOTHER great plate. And I love the 69, my favorite!!! ;D
I'm off a couple days this week and my trigger finger is itching.....

JC dig's

Jul 10, 2007
Culpeper,Va
Detector(s) used
fisher 1236x / whites xlt / garret ace250
Thats fantastic!! My hats off to you for getting up so early. You and your brother are cut from the same cloth, kind of makes me think of how excited I used to get when I was a kid on Christmas Eve. Between you and Dave there should be enough stuff to start your own army ;D

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That buckle is in nice condition! Nice finds and HH, Mike

brnn53

Mar 31, 2006
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug, Tejon, T2 LTD, F75, & Nautilus DMC II B
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awesome plate! I know that "can't wait to dig" feeling when it is early in the morning. Glad your day was successful and... a nice haul!
Mike

gxray

Jan 30, 2009
I think it may be a cartridge box plate as opposed to a buckle based on the hook arrangement on the back ( the iron loops and the rust line bleeding through the lead leads me to believe it's a cartridge box plate ,,,,beautiful find regardless. Did you mention in a post you are from Northern VA?...I used to live there and know tons of places to hunt

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow that is a nice one, congrats and good luck to you both when you go back!

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Awesome finds!! Love that CW stuff!!!

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The brother's Cooper are kicking some seroius CW a$$......Excellent recovery Todd :thumbsup: Love it all!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread