My rotten day

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
This morning has been bad for me. I did go hunting. I drove for an hour and fifteen minutes down to Clearwater. Parked the car, locked it and went to the trunk and no detector. I had left it at home. So had to drive all the way back home grumbling all the way.

Then I stopped at Lowes and bought my hubby some cement screws/bolts to fix his walking ramp that he has in the garage and of course I didn't get what he wanted. I told him FINE It can just wait until I can take him to the store and he can get what HE wants. I already did that before and he still got the wrong thing. Oh well.

Then to top off my morning. Remember my post a couple days ago showing my twin cats? WellSugar, one of my cats, was killed crossing the street while I was out. The street we live on is not a busy street but when cars do come down it they do go way to fast. I live near a school and kids that have cars do come down our street at times. Thank heavens I didn't see it or have to pick him up. The neighbor next door went out and got him and put him in a box. He felt really bad about it because he knows how I baby those darn cats but he didn't run over him. Even if I knew who did I couldn't blame them because I know the cats go across the street and I can't stop them. Sugar was my favorite too. He was the one with the hurt paw and he always slept close to me at night. Well I still have Spice but he also goes back and forth across the street so my husband says it is just a matter of time before he gets hit too.

So that is my great day. It stinks! Hope yours is better. You guys better get out there and find some good stuff to post to cheer me up!

Upvote 0

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I'm sooooo sorry to hear about the passing of your baby Sugar, Mumzie. :'( That's so hard to handle, isn't it? How are you feeling?

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I am feeling fine.... sad but fine. This is all part of life so I cope. NOW on a better note - I am going to go hunting tomorrow morning and you can bet I will NOT forget my detector. I may forget something else but will never forget my detector again. Kind of reminds me of anoher time when I went all the way over to the East coast and went hunting at Daytona with a friend. When I got to her house, she said she would drive so I grabbed my detector and off we went only to discover when we got to Daytona that I had not taken my long handled scoop out of my car. She loaned me hers and she hunted in the dry sand. Boy, talk about absent mindedness! :o

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
mumszie said:
I am feeling fine.... sad but fine. This is all part of life so I cope. NOW on a better note - I am going to go hunting tomorrow morning and you can bet I will NOT forget my detector. I may forget something else but will never forget my detector again. Kind of reminds me of anoher time when I went all the way over to the East coast and went hunting at Daytona with a friend. When I got to her house, she said she would drive so I grabbed my detector and off we went only to discover when we got to Daytona that I had not taken my long handled scoop out of my car. She loaned me hers and she hunted in the dry sand. Boy, talk about absent mindedness! :o
I hope a good hunt will be coming your way tomorrow. You deserve it! :)

FloridaBill

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Punta Gorda, Florida
Detector(s) used
Compass & Beachunter 300, Garrett Seahunter Excalibur ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
boy I hate reading things like this I am so sorry, and can't you keep the other cat locked in the house?
thangel.gif
thangel.gif
thangel.gif
thangel.gif

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mumszie I am so sorry about you losing your cat. I was lost when I lost my dog. :'(

These days when we forget things really tic us off because it's our own fault. I've done the same thing plus some others. I think the worst is driving away from home without my wallet and drivers license and being stopped by the police. I had a empty insulin syringe on the dash too that I had to explain.

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Originally when we lived in North Florida and in the woods the cats came in the house during the day. In and out. But at night I put them outside. Now that we live "in town" I reversed the situation and they are kept in the house at night and I let them out during the day - In and Out. The one that actually got hit was the one that stayed in the house most of the time even during the day. He was the "timid" one and rarely left my side. These things do happen and it doesn't make it any easier to accept but... the hardest part is yet to come. I have to dig a hole in the back yard to bury him. My husband used to take care of that kind of thing but can't do it now and my son is working out of town for two weeks so it is up to me. I wish this day was over. I am looking forward to tomorrow. Something good is going to happen - I just know it! I am going to find a HUGE piece of jewelry! So watch for my post tomorrow!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
bad things happen in 3's or so they say so your in the clear now --no detector --wrong screws -- poor cat--- now its time for something good to happen

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i'm so sorry you are having a terrible day..you should just crawl back in bed pull the covers over your head have a good cry and a nice nap. I really hope you get to hunt tomorrow and you find something that cheers you up.

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
I am sorry to hear about your cat. I wish the loss could have been avoided :(. I am going to get in a good long hunt this weekend, and will have a nice post about it come Sunday or Monday. 3 days of camping and detecting on some OLD sites.

Take care and I hope things turn around for you.
Anthony

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh Mumzie,
I feel so bad for you, I know what a awful thing it is to loose a pet, that really is part of your family..I wish I could say the right words to ease your hurt.. If I lived near ya, I would give ya a big ole hug.. I am truly sorry that this has happened.

hugs Booty

Loosemoose

Jun 13, 2007
Sydney Australia
Detector(s) used
Excal
Gee mumszie, what a day. Sorry to hear of your loss, pets really do become part of the family. Tomorrow is another day, and I hope its a good one for you.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
mumzie -- losing your cat is hard on both you and the other surviving cat -- it might not know what happened and go roaming ito look for it if left alone --- a great gift for him/ her and yourself --would be one of the many cats that need a happy home from your local pound ---cats unlike dogs are seldom adopted and you could "save a life" in the deal -- and give your "other cat" a new freind so that it will not be lonely as well .

gold-digger

Jul 4, 2006
Gulf Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excals & Quattro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sorry to hear about your kitty. We just adopted a 2 month old kitten that my son bought home from school.

You didnt miss anything at Clearwater, nobodys been out, and the surf is rough.

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
i sleep with cats.we have four.pays to have extra. finda nother cute kitten and ull feel better. on the forgetful end... today cant find digger,,,backup digger.... or knife. 2 hour hunt with small screwdriver as digging tool...not fun... WHY CANT I GET A BRAIN ?

Maui Mike

May 26, 2008
Mumszie, my wife and i just read this post. So sorry about your cat.. we have no human children, our cat is our kid.. so we both feel your lose.. Big hugs from us.. shaka Mikey

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread