My Sand Scooper cant handle A Womans Touch!!

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO,Whites PI dual Field,CZ21,Stealth 790
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Attachments

• photo-103.JPG
    photo-103.JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 162
  • photo-104.JPG
    photo-104.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 133
Upvote 0

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
You know, once it's welded it will never break and you will always have a great backup scoop. But you already know that bending over with a hand scoop is better exercise and god was just trying to tell you that. Ok, I'll shut up now...

smuggy

Greenie
Jul 22, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Excalibur/ Excalibur II / Whites PI Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If you bought this scoop new can you get a refund or warranty replacement?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is the problem with them, they can't handle wet sand, they are made strictly for the dry sand, not meant to have any foot pressure put on them......Good luck...

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Sorry about the scoop, Kiana...I hope your new scoop comes in soon; this one can be your "back -up" after repair.

I like the fork ...is it silver?

Lorraine

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have one identical in my garage that I bought long ago - I wrote an article on scoops - in it I mention - you get what you pay for - I only use the heavy gauge aluminum ones now

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Never fretted over a damaged scoop, adds that persona of aggressiveness to the never ending battle. It's like a war wound, a badge of honor that simply screams, "This is war, and I am a fierce beach warrior!" :laughing7:

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about your scoop. Hope you don't have to wait too long for your Stealth.

Like the car. Somehow I never seem to find too many on the NH beaches. Somebody else is probably there before me digging 'em up! Our beaches are hit pretty hard by detectorists. I dig every signal. I look at it this way...I am doing a community service cleaning the beach one bottle cap, pull tab and pieces of slaw at a time.

HH,
Anita

OP
OP
kiana7

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You know, once it's welded it will never break and you will always have a great backup scoop. But you already know that bending over with a hand scoop is better exercise and god was just trying to tell you that. Ok, I'll shut up now...
Austin I got that scoop for waist deep,Because of this hobby I lost 10 lb:hello2:

OP
OP
kiana7

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry about the scoop, Kiana...I hope your new scoop comes in soon; this one can be your "back -up" after repair.

I like the fork ...is it silver?

Lorraine
Thanks Lorraine,not sure on the fork will clean it up and keep you informed,,HH:hello:

OP
OP
kiana7

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have one identical in my garage that I bought long ago - I wrote an article on scoops - in it I mention - you get what you pay for - I only use the heavy gauge aluminum ones now

So true,I think I was just rough on it,I would dig deep and at times hit some rocks:sadsmiley::icon_biggrin:,,HH

OP
OP
kiana7

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never fretted over a damaged scoop, adds that persona of aggressiveness to the never ending battle. It's like a war wound, a badge of honor that simply screams, "This is war, and I am a fierce beach warrior!" :laughing7:

It is what it is:occasion14:at least I can get it welded:icon_thumleft:,,HH

OP
OP
kiana7

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry about your scoop. Hope you don't have to wait too long for your Stealth.

Like the car. Somehow I never seem to find too many on the NH beaches. Somebody else is probably there before me digging 'em up! Our beaches are hit pretty hard by detectorists. I dig every signal. I look at it this way...I amAwe doing a community service cleaning the beach one bottle cap, pull tab and pieces of slaw at a time.

HH,
Anita
Awe,Anita thank you:icon_thumleft:I pray that you find Gold,Silver,Diamonds,Plat and even some cars:hello2:,,HH:hello:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Austin I got that scoop for waist deep,Because of this hobby I lost 10 lb:hello2:

Uh, don't you guys have like hungry sharks in waist deep water? And why is it that the skinny chicks always want to lose weight and the larger ladies just all shop at the plus size place?

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kiana, sorry about your scoop,I use a heavy aluminum scoop also when in the water, but I like a shouvle when in wet or dry sand. HH:leprechaun-hat:

OP
OP
kiana7

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Kiana, sorry about your scoop,I use a heavy aluminum scoop also when in the water, but I like a shouvle when in wet or dry sand. HH:leprechaun-hat:
Me too I like the shovel scoops faster:headbang: only one thing I have to work fast b/c the wave will grab it faster than me:laughing9:,I think b/c I would dig deep down and pull that sucker up it couldn't handle the wet sand or me:dontknow:,,HH:hello:

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
It is hard to find a long, strong scoop that can handle the wet, deep sand. I've found that when working in the wet sand the best option is to thrust deep and fast. If you hit the sweet spot it is easy to get rewarded with the treasure buried within. If that fails...keep pounding away at the sand, hit it rhtymically between wave sets. When the timing is right the right series of manuevers can yield all sorts of goodies buried beneath. Just make sure to bring a towel with you. Once you get really involved in a good dig there is no telling how much of a work out you can get.

OP
OP
kiana7

kiana7

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2012
Riverside,California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Trust me I sure got a work out,my husband took the shovel into his shop and one of his guys said WTH:icon_scratch:I can fix it but how did she do it:laughing9::laughing7::laughing9:,,HH

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When did you order your 720? I was looking at the website last night and it said they were out of stock.

Good luck with your new scoop, try not to be such a beast to this one as the last! Oh, and congrats on the 10 pounds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread