My Second Colonial Copper

undertaker

May 26, 2006
Green Mountains of Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
I found a 1783 Nova Constellatio coin about three weeks ago but was disappointed to see that it just wouldnt clean up with mild solutions and appears to be in hopeless condition. I researched the coin and really wanted to own one that aleast had some graphics. After talking to some detectorist that told me that it is almost impossible to find a decent one because of copper corrosion in the soil I set out looking to purchase one on the net. This is the one I purchased. I think it catalogs under the number 3-C blunt rays...scarce but I could be wrong. Would you grade this coin as good? All the letters and graphics seem to be there although some show up better than others. Sure beats the one I found but I will always keep my first find as it has a special meanning finding it with a MD instead of a keyboard.

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    9.9 KB · Views: 420
  • 030.JPG
    030.JPG
    18.2 KB · Views: 412
  • 025.JPG
    025.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 407
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    9.9 KB · Views: 414
Upvote 0

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your colonial copper. Cant really see any detail on the one you found. How did you go about cleaning it?

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
My thoughts Undertaker --

$92 is a fair price and as long as your happy with it who cares :-\

I think it looks good and most likely will only increase in price :icon_thumleft: :icon_salut: :icon_thumleft:

I've dug two Novas in about 16 years and the first I gave to the owner , the other one is in a display case with other relics that came from Joesph Brants home site

HH !

Derek :icon_king:

OP
OP
undertaker

undertaker

May 26, 2006
Green Mountains of Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
Derek752 what condition were your novas in when dug and were they deep? The one I found was on a old dirt road in sandy gravel about 5 to 6 inchs deep. I have a feeling if it wasn't for the gravel the coin after all these years would have sunk out of range of my detector. Im happy with the new coin I purchased. There was alot of cool history going on back in that time period. Lets see $92.00 is about a tank and a half of gas for my toyota and when its gone its gone. This coin will last my life time.

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
undertaker said:
Derek752 what condition were your novas in when dug and were they deep? The one I found was on a old dirt road in sandy gravel about 5 to 6 inchs deep. I have a feeling if it wasn't for the gravel the coin after all these years would have sunk out of range of my detector. Im happy with the new coin I purchased. There was alot of cool history going on back in that time period. Lets see $92.00 is about a tank and a half of gas for my toyota and when its gone its gone. This coin will last my life time.

Well ...lets see -- the first one I dug was back about 94 in Clinton,Ny and in the front yard of the home of the guy I gave it to...was near the root of a big tree and I dont think it was more then 4 or 5 inches deep

The 2nd one I dug about 2 years ago in Danube Ny in a field known to be part of an indian castle...close to the thruway and indian castle service plaza
A plowed field it was'nt very deep...its pretty wore and hard to see details but still its a Nova :thumbsup:

D. :icon_pirat:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
undertaker said:

Exactly, why ask if you paid too much after you paid for it ??? :icon_scratch: If you were not happy with the price then you didn't have to buy it. Coins & Artefacts are like antiques in that its hard to guess what people might be prepare to pay.
You wanted one, you got one, does it really matter if you paid $10 more or $10 less than the next man?

Its yours now, keep it, look at it & FORGET the price!

IMHO........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread