My Second Gold Coin!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1851 20 Franc

Goldirocks

Jan 12, 2007
I am still freaking out! I was detecting and found this beauty. I Dug this down the beach. It's weird because the beach is where I found my first gold coin as well. This is in pristene condition. I took a picture of it on black to show its detail. None of my friends know about this yet. I did call my son South Jersey Jim to tell him. We always have a competition when we metal detect and I had to show him that I can still whip his butt! See you top this Jim :headbang: I'm sorry I was so excited I forgot to post a picture.

Attachments

• February 10th 2nd gold coin 1851 20 franc 001.jpg
    February 10th 2nd gold coin 1851 20 franc 001.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 3,972
  • February 10th 2nd gold coin 1851 20 franc 002.jpg
    February 10th 2nd gold coin 1851 20 franc 002.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 3,948
Upvote 0

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Incredibly beautiful gold coin! Congrats on the Banner too! I also am part of a mom and son detecting duo and would love to phone my son with news of a gold coin! After I finished fainting! Like you and your son, we enjoy our friendly competition, and as we live near each other, detect together often. As for your third gold coin, you go girl! You WILL find it! HH Andi

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a bute! Wonder if it came from a ship or someones necklace?

Brian

OP
OP
G

Goldirocks

Jan 12, 2007
I just wanted to say I agree with you Bigpoppa. Who in there right mind would even think about melting such a beautiful coin or even think about the melt value :angry5: Andi, I am glad that you experience great times with your son as well. My son and I also live within 3 miles of each other. Jim is more of a relic hunter and I am the Beach Babe but also love to relic hunt as well. I love everything there is about this hobby except for some of the hunters:) Thanks Again.

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Goldirocks said:
I flew home literally

I'm glad the family chopper was ready for the task! ;D

I think this is also a first on TreasureNet, having a mother & son share a banner spot on the top of the page!

Congrats on the well deserved banner!

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Breath taking coin. :notworthy:

Patrol

Dec 4, 2006
Northeast Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Whites Surf II, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snookie called and said she dropped it while rolling around the beach! ;D

Sorry, OMG, that is awesome! I am a bit jealous I must admit. A well deserved BANNER. Tomorrow I will hit the beach. :notworthy:

Tom

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Goldirocks said:
I just wanted to say I agree with you Bigpoppa. Who in there right mind would even think about melting such a beautiful coin or even think about the melt value :angry5: Andi, I am glad that you experience great times with your son as well. My son and I also live within 3 miles of each other. Jim is more of a relic hunter and I am the Beach Babe but also love to relic hunt as well. I love everything there is about this hobby except for some of the hunters:) Thanks Again.

Congrats on the banner, I won't take the melt value to heart. In most books that include coin values, it will have the Bullion Value or BV of gold coins, during periods of high BV the coin is worth more melt than its grade value.
I'm sure you would never melt it & nor would I. However, if people choose to do it, it helps those that collect them, as it makes them more scarce. The Celtic's did it to Roman Coins & its being happening for hundreds of years, including today. It's part of the cycle. :icon_thumright:

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
ONLY on the Jersey Shores!! Sweet find!!

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Fan-freakin'-tastic!!

All the best,

Lanny

artyfacts

Bronze Member
May 1, 2010
South Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, MX7, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your banner, well deserved. Now all I have to do is stand right between you and Jim and I will probably get hit right in the head with a banner... ;D Art

landmagnet

Aug 25, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the find from the UK! Truly amazing condition! Right 'out of the box' !!

heepiepow

Aug 27, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Goldirocks said:

I love it too! And what an AMAZING coin you found! I think you have a big advantage on your boy with that gem! :blob7:

I'm Andi's son by the way, and we do have wonderful times detecting together! Every time one of us finds something awesome with our shared detector the other will be equally thrilled. And I'm so glad mom started us on getting our own detector a couple years ago. Something our whole family had been interested in but never quite got going. Thanks mom! :notworthy:

GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome find! From the sounds of it, you're looking at €350 for that! Itould be even more now, as that site looked older and gold prices weren't as high. Keep on kicking your son's butt!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread