My second silver coin!

Trozell

Greenie
Feb 9, 2009
CT
Detector(s) used
Ace 250,DFX,Garrett pointer
Had a really interesting day today. I had wanted to detect a park in our downtown, but was hesitant due to its being near city hall and traffic etc. Also was interested in town hall grounds as it was a school back in 1910s. But again hesitant. So today I went to town hall to pay property taxes. As I was leaving I happened to bump in to our first selectman, who is the equivalent of a mayor. Said hello and brought up the subject of detecting the grounds etc. After a moment of thought I was told "it's public property and go to it! Have fun." So I figured my butt is covered in this town.

So later in the day I went to the park and started wandering. As I was going along I met an old gentleman who asked how I was doing and told me I was wasting my time where I was. He said move over here where people used to sit and listen to concerts. We talked awhile longer and then he left. I didn't move three feet when I got the coin signal and then out popped my second silver coin of my short career. 1946 Roosevelt dime. Picked up some clad along the way and also a 1944 wheat penny.
There were power lines along the road and the DFX was chattering in my ear the whole time. Sometimes I had to turn it off while digging or lose my sanity. Power lines the culprit?

Thanks for looking

Attachments

• pk-coinsgrp.jpg
    pk-coinsgrp.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 486
  • pk-coins-dime.jpg
    pk-coins-dime.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 483
Upvote 0

Johnny Ringo Silver

Dec 6, 2007
KANSAS
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE and Sunray probe
Well done and congrats on your second silver! I had the DFX for a long time and only switched to the SE for something different. The DFX is an awesome machine. I agree that the powerlines were your noise problem. I've tolerated the the noise before just to be able to hunt a good area. Keep at it.
Johnny 8)

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I love hunting an old site and having people stop and tell you some of the things they remembered when they were younger. What a way to get some great leads and narrow down your research. Congrats on your silver.

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
You are correct: power lines can interfer with detector signals BIG TIME! So can radio transmission towers.

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
ya ive been trying to do some street tear outs and the noise is almost unbearable because of power lines. it takes patience. congrats. willy

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find :thumbsup: that is how you start a pile a few at a time,once my DFX was going crazy the noise was bad then i realized i was under power lines :laughing7: Good hunt Dd60

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread