My Second site CTH Spur....My first spur ever, UPDATED!!! Spur IDd!!!!!

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: My Second site CTH Spur....My first spur ever, help with info please

mastereagle22 said:
Yeah that spur was cool. Just holding it sent chills down my spine. I love the history that I get to touch in this hobby. Hey Burdie I will trade you of my fine wonderful iron relics for that IH!!! ;D :D ;D :D

Good job RR and think you found it even though you were using a DFX!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

Yea but it had to be on top of the ground or he wouldn't have found it. That's what I hear about DFX's
;D ;D ;D
Burdie

eagle77

Jan 23, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, 3300, XTerra 70

Sweet Find RR!
Most makers placed the mark on the inside of the heel or on the underside edge of the shank.
Looks like a roper's spur.

relikhunter

Jul 17, 2006
S.E. kansas
Detector(s) used
whites dfx garrett gtp 1350

Man o Man wat a great looking spur RR!!!Sure wish i would've been there when you found it.Definetly look spanish.Bet you did a little dance!Sure hope to be able to go to next years hunt..Sound's like a lot of fun was had by all...........great find.....hh rh

bcs123

Aug 15, 2006
missouri
Detector(s) used
mxt

Burdie said:
Yea but it had to be on top of the ground or he wouldn't have found it. That's what I hear about DFX's
;D ;D ;D
Burdie

lol...yea right.......

that is a nice spur i found one here but its not even close to being as complete(or nice) as that one

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

Man, what a great find! I'm so jealous. Hope you can get back up here and find the mate.

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000

WOW!!!! That is an incredible find! Great job! You all did great!!!!

And...and....I see that the Rowdy Bunch didn't let me down......LOL
---Mel

borninok

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil

Wow! I was outstanding in the field :P and didn't get to the cars in time to see that! Awesome spur.

What part of that field did you find that?

Great hunting with you and your posse.

Baldingboy

OP
OP
ridge_runner

ridge_runner

Jan 15, 2006
Fort LeonardWood, Missouri
Detector(s) used
DFX, XLT

Burdie said:
mastereagle22 said:
Yeah that spur was cool. Just holding it sent chills down my spine. I love the history that I get to touch in this hobby. Hey Burdie I will trade you of my fine wonderful iron relics for that IH!!! ;D :D ;D :D

Good job RR and think you found it even though you were using a DFX!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;)

;D ;D ;D
Burdie

Burdie, that was a good one......Although better finding it with a DFX on the ground than with a Garret that mysteriously caught on fire!!!!

OP
OP
ridge_runner

ridge_runner

Jan 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX, XLT

Thanks for all the replies......I will get to cleaning it and see what I come up with....Be cool to see a maker's mark...

Baldingboy.....it was found on the side of the field that Burdie was on.....Nuff said.....LOL!!!!

RR

Mental Granny

Gold Member
May 8, 2005
Cherokee Strip
Detector(s) used
Cibola
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey R_R, Great find I loved seeing it when you all got back, But I thought Stoney told ya that I lost that off my boot see the back it says EVS!! ;D :D :D :D ;D

Really that is an amazing find, and it was great meeting you!

See you at the next one, if not sooner!

Evy

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

mental granny said:
Hey R_R, Great find I loved seeing it when you all got back, But I thought Stoney told ya that I lost that off my boot see the back it says EVS!! ;D :D :D :D ;D

Evy

rr, I think Evy's pulling your leg. She sees her name in it. LOL

Attachments

• spur2.jpg
    spur2.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 345

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ridge_runner said:
Burdie said:
mastereagle22 said:

;D ;D ;D
Burdie

Burdie, that was a good one......Although better finding it with a DFX on the ground than with a Garret that mysteriously caught on fire!!!!

OK Just for that remark your ordered to come back some time and hunt again with me. ;D ;D I have a poison Ivy grove for you to hunt. It has an old two story house in the middle of it. Will see if your DFX is allergic to it. :o :D :D
Burdie

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Dang! I started to return for the follow up, unofficial hunt but I was a long ways off and had out of town company waiting for me at home. I'd rather be in Philadel....uh, I mean Caldwell Kansas if I had my druthers. That is a great find, and the exact picture of finds I had in my mind when I was anticipating the CTH. You know there are probably thousands of same such finds just waiting for we Tnet members to discover them. Or at least Stoney and Burdie will have the opportunity to find in the coming years. But perhaps Burdie will see his way to once again work that hard to make it available for all who can attend? How about that Burdie? At the main hunt several Tnetters placed their finds on one of the tables under the awning and although most of the finds had no actual value, they all gave us a glimpse of what had transpired along the Chisholm Trail in days gone by. It was a history buff's dream come true. Me? I only found an old curry comb with the handle long ago rotted away and still I can picture some pioneer or drover taking care of his livestock with it as the livestock was his lifeline to the future. Wonderful experience. And in the words of Montgomery Burns ( imagine his accent) EXCELLENT!! M :D nty

OP
OP
ridge_runner

ridge_runner

Jan 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX, XLT

stoney56 said:
mental granny said:

Evy

rr, I think Evy's pulling your leg. She sees her name in it. LOL

As Burdie would say.....Possesion is 9/10ths right????

LOL

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma

ridge_runner said:

LOL

Nah, it's 10/10ths. ;) Just couldn't resist joshin' ya. That's an amazing find 8) and if we get back up there and find it's mate, we'll send it to you.

OP
OP
ridge_runner

ridge_runner

Jan 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX, XLT

stoney56 said:
ridge_runner said:

LOL

Nah, it's 10/10ths. ;) Just couldn't resist joshin' ya. That's an amazing find 8) and if we get back up there and find it's mate, we'll send it to you.

Stoney,

It'd be great to have the mate to go with it..... I wish you all the luck in finding it cause I'd sure like to pair them back up.

RR

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RR,

Truly an awesome find!! Some poor cowpoke lost his spur on the cattle drive :-\ ...but the horse was happy. ;D ;D I'm happy you found it...place it in a display case after you get it cleaned up.

;) RR

Baldingboy

Bronze Member
May 17, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE Professional with 6" Coil

Scott,

I wanna see that rascal when you get it cleaned up.

OP
OP
ridge_runner

ridge_runner

Jan 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX, XLT
Re: My Second site CTH Spur....My first spur ever, UPDATED!!! Spur ID'd!!!!!

Hey all,

Thanks for all the replies and kind words......Now, go to Today's finds and check out my post with the spur.....Someone ID'd it. The pattern is from around 1859 and was a common spur during the Civil War.....All hell, just check it out.....LOL.....The fellow left some great pics. If you saw the spur up close you will notice the exact one in the pic....

I'm dang excited....

RR

eagle77

Jan 23, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, 3300, XTerra 70
Re: My Second site CTH Spur....My first spur ever, UPDATED!!! Spur ID'd!!!!!

Awesome! It's always great knowing what era an item comes from. Even more intriguing is that it was a Calvary Officers spur. That field has strong potential.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread