• IMAG0751.jpg
    IMAG0751.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 318

soupie

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like she is pretty nice shape :headbang:...thinking the 1875 is a semi key date but dont have my book handy....Nice huntin BUd....Silver is a waitin for ya.... :thumbsup:

Soup

dbennett7

Aug 7, 2011
when the weather gets better we will all be getting out more congrats on your indian dennis

limegoldconvertible68

Mar 18, 2009
Illiniois
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 11"DD coil, CZ-21 with 10" coil, Fisher 1265X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frustrating when you are in a slump. Is it me? My detector? Has someone cleaned out my sites before me? I start to panic wondering whats wrong. Glad your slump is over. Now on to the silver.

Gimmie The Loot

Bronze Member
May 11, 2010
Driftwood, TX
Detector(s) used
etrac, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet old Indian! I love the color on that. We all have our slumps. Sometimes it seems like the silver is not there... that is when you should adjust your hunt to look for other things. For example, I was having a slump and decided to focus on nickles. In the next half hour I got a shield nickel! Sometimes during a slump I will dig extra trash to clean up the area and then all of a sudden the deeper silver shows up. I tend to get more and more impatient the longer the slump goes on but I have to always remember to stay calm and think outside the box.

HH!

OP
OP
Midwest

Midwest

Jan 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gimmie The Loot said:
Sweet old Indian! I love the color on that. We all have our slumps. Sometimes it seems like the silver is not there... that is when you should adjust your hunt to look for other things. For example, I was having a slump and decided to focus on nickles. In the next half hour I got a shield nickel! Sometimes during a slump I will dig extra trash to clean up the area and then all of a sudden the deeper silver shows up. I tend to get more and more impatient the longer the slump goes on but I have to always remember to stay calm and think outside the box.

HH!

Thanks, everyone. GTL, I am going back later today and will use your advice. Hope I get a shield nickle in the first thirty minutes, LOL.

OP
OP
Midwest

Midwest

Jan 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This pic shows a little more detail. I know its just an IH, but its been two months without anything in the 1800's, so it still gets me excited.

Attachments

• Image15.jpg
    Image15.jpg
    355.7 KB · Views: 304

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VERY nice recovery :thumbsup:

It's been awhile since I've been even CLOSE to finding something
that nice (sigh)

OP
OP
Midwest

Midwest

Jan 11, 2012
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
needle n haystack said:
Great looking IH, Haven't seen you in the woods

How have you been, man? Yeah, after the incident you had that day after I left, I have been hesitant to go back. My daughter was born the other day, so it will be awhile before getting back out again. When I do, we'll have to get another hunt in. GL & HH.

p2c

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2009
Matteson, IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac and Grey Ghost NDT; Garrett Pointer Pro
Nice find :thumbsup:
Sometimes slumps seem to be self-perpetuating, like you haven't heard a good signal in awhile, you fear you've forgotten what one sounds like. Like GTL said adjust your hunt or where you are hunting or both. I have several sparse find but high reward sites -- they give good finds if you find something, but you can go for hours without hearing anything other than iron. If I just want to be outside, and a lot of times I do, that is fine. But if I feel l am loosing skill at hunting, I need to go somewhere more target rich, either in terms of finds or trash signals.

lostcauses

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2008
Midwest said:
lostcauses said:
You took photos with your phone.
You might want to read this thread:
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,456609.0.html
\

Thanks for the heads up. Wow, I never knew!? Good thing these were taken at my house. I guess everyone knows where I live now, lol.

Unlikely, yet some one cruising a board like this to find places to rip off, or to go an TH someones honey hole. well it would work.

It is a crazy thing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions