my so far bottle collection

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
go into these glass things about 6 months ago, since then i have laid my md to rest for awhile, i love glass now. some were bought, some were found,most all have embossing, some have labels, most all are cork or glass stopper. where i think i messed up is i didnt pick a certain "species" of bottle to collect. im leaning toward the medicines tho. none are very special or super rare, i just like them. either way, i love it, and im taking these pics cause we're moving to a new place so now i have to wrap all these guys up, and while their out i might as well take a pic, see u all
chong

Attachments

• zbo5.jpg
    zbo5.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 563
  • zbo.jpg
    zbo.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 565
  • zbo1.jpg
    zbo1.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 553
  • zbo4.jpg
    zbo4.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 566
  • zbo3.jpg
    zbo3.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 542
  • zbo2.jpg
    zbo2.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 560

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
C,

bunch of bottles you have after only
6 months. Nice.

I don't buy any, just dig them, but yes
I think if your also purchasing you need
some focus on the collection. Medicine
sounds good. Don't know which I would
pick if I had to. Think ink bottles are
interesting, or bitters, lot of different
bitters around. (think bitters are often
consided in the medicine field but since
there are so many, many books list them
alone.)

Again, nice collection. Wrap them guys
up good with newspapers; Don't need any
accidents when you move them.

have a good un............

T

TreasureTales

HOLY CRAP! That's quite a collection for just a short time at it. I like the labeled bottles, too. I dug up a mineral water bottle that had some embossing on it (enough to let me know which mineral springs bottled it) and then looked on eBay to find an original label. Sure enough, I bought an ORIGINAL label for it and pasted the paper to the bottle. The thing looks like it just came out of the bottling plant...without the mineral water and cork, though. Pretty cool, if I do say so myself. Anyhow, thought I'd share my little experience so maybe someone else might want to give it a try.

I've always been someone more interested in colors and shapes of bottles than what their contents were. But I do like mineral water bottles, probably because there were so many mineral spring resorts in Northern California in the mid-late 19th century and early 20th century.

Great collection of bottles,chong2mry. Hope you post more pix of your growing collection. And don't hang up that MD! It's possible to do MDing and bottle digging simultaneously!!!

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
TreasureTales said:
HOLY CRAP! That's quite a collection for just a short time at it. I like the labeled bottles, too. I dug up a mineral water bottle that had some embossing on it (enough to let me know which mineral springs bottled it) and then looked on eBay to find an original label. Sure enough, I bought an ORIGINAL label for it and pasted the paper to the bottle. The thing looks like it just came out of the bottling plant...without the mineral water and cork, though. Pretty cool, if I do say so myself. Anyhow, thought I'd share my little experience so maybe someone else might want to give it a try.

I've always been someone more interested in colors and shapes of bottles than what their contents were. But I do like mineral water bottles, probably because there were so many mineral spring resorts in Northern California in the mid-late 19th century and early 20th century.

Great collection of bottles,chong2mry. Hope you post more pix of your growing collection. And don't hang up that MD! It's possible to do MDing and bottle digging simultaneously!!!

TT,

neat idea. ;D

have a good un.......

OP
OP
chong2

chong2

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2006
El Paso, TX
Detector(s) used
Flippin Stick n good luck :)
thanks, thats a awesome idea too, i have seen labels for sale by themselves also, never thought of restoring a bottle, thanks again ;)

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice collection,I like em all but there is a "sub species of medicines" "Indian cures" After all them cookies i think i could use a little Indian swamp root right now ! :D

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, super collection there. I hope you don't get any earthquakes where you're at. :)
Thanks for sharing.
-MM-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread