Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just wanted to show another way to lighten the machine so anyone can swing that coil all day with no effort i have tried it twice now and i love it :hello2: 2 8 hour hunts in 2 days , what i did was completely strip the rods of everything except the coil , armrest and hand gripe total weight is now 1lb 8 oz that is all i swing , if i use the S-12 coil it is a few ounces lighter then the stock 10" . The control box and the S-1 search probe is on the belt plus any other extras like my small digger, water, camera, extra batteries , a few bags of peanuts :laughing7: hey when in a very large field the last thing you wanna do is walk 25 minutes all the way back to your truck for something . I even can carry a water proof cover for the boxes . The total cost for the 5 pocket tool bag and heavy duty suspenders $33.00 :thumbsup: .It is also great on the beach everything is well away from the water, i took a few photo,s today enjoy Jim

Attachments

• sov gt 1.jpg
    sov gt 1.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 362
  • 000_0009.jpg
    000_0009.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 355
  • 000_0008.jpg
    000_0008.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 351

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Jim,

That looks like a great setup.

Where did you buy the pouches and suspenders?

OP
OP
Deepdiger60

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smudge said:
Hey Jim,

That looks like a great setup.

Where did you buy the pouches and suspenders?

Hey Smudge everything was brought at Ace Hardwear the Minelab patches were givin to me by the team i belong to , for 33 bucks you can go wrong plus it,s really no weight with the suspenders Jim

NeilinFR

Oct 11, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 ltd
Minelab Etrac
Xterra 705
Shadow X5
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Jim that setup looks great! Do you have a meter in one of those pouches? A meter is a great addition to the Sov.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions