My super score at an Absolute Auction!

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry folks if this is not in the right forum but there are no forums listed for Estate/Bankruptcy/Absolute or other type Auctions other than for Storage Units!

I went to an Absolute Auction this past Saturday and although the Auction Company running the auction was highly disorganized, had no lot numbers for any items and was running two bidding platforms at the same time, I came away with a few items at fairly nice discounts. In fact, one of those was a steal. It was getting late, there weren't too many items left and a lot of folks had paid for their' won items and left, so I got what was probably the deal of the day. After going through most of the numerous power tools, Turkey fryers, Smokers, Barbecue grills and much more, they put up a Robinair Refrigerant Recovery and Recharging Unit. No one seemed to know what it was except me, so I got it for my' opening bid of $5.00 plus the 10% Buyer's Premium. The Unit is an older 1992 Model 17600 but it looks great, appears to work like a new one and is worth at least $250 or more. I have a potential Buyer that was going to purchase it straight out but I believe I have worked an awesome trade with him. If he takes out the smaller Air Conditioner Unit I have for my' house and installs the near new Rheem 2 1/2 Ton Air Conditioner Unit that I purchased a few years back, then I will give him the Robinair Unit.

Sorry I don't have pics up yet but I will try to take some tomorrow and post them!

Frank

Last edited:

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Who cares if it's the right thread so long as the price was sssoooo right!! :thumbsup:

Awesome deal!!

OP
OP
H

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Updated with Pics of Robinair Unit!

As promised I have posted pics of the Robinair Unit I won at Auction.

Frank

Robinair 17600 #1.jpg Robinair 17600 #2.jpg Robinair 17600 #3.jpg Robinair 17600 #4.jpg Robinair 17600 #5.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread