My take after three weeks of CRH through $7856

Adamkir

Aug 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
This is my first post and after three weeks of CRH this is my take.. I think what has been said is true, dimes are the new halves. I've been through $5145 dimes and have 18 rosies and four pre 68' Canadian dimes(one proof 1965) to show for that work. With halves I've been through $1845 and have only three 40% to show for it.. :-\ Nickels are steady at one war nickel a box except one box that contained two, plus a liberty nickel.. Hopefully my banks keep boxes in because some have been tapped already.. Their claming it cost more to order extra boxes when their ordering anyways. I always thought that there was a set fee for delivery?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

Adamkir

Aug 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
AAAAAPPPSSSS.jpg

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice job, what year is the liberty nickel? could you get a picture of that and the proof canadian dime up close please?

what state do you hunt in?
hh
buff :)

OP
OP
A

Adamkir

Aug 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
When I'm home I'll take a picture of that.. I only snapped one of the silvers so far.. I can tell you that the liberty nickel has probably circulated since it was produced.. The Roman numeral is gone almost entirely. Im a Michigan man BTW. Lol

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On halves, you need a larger sample. I have had 2-3 weeks that only produce 7-10 OZ or so, then out of the blue ill have a week where a sting of boxes produce over 30 OZ. Its not like 2-3 boxes and a few CWRs will determine your areas production.

talon146

Jul 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You went through 20.5 boxes of dimes and only 3.5 boxes of halves. Of course you have more dimes! Congrats on the finds thus far.

OP
OP
A

Adamkir

Aug 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes getting very frustrated with halves.. At least two boxes and several lesser amounts I've picked up appear to have been opened.. :-\ Not marked, no. Just carefully opened, looked through and resealed.. Apparently this other guy thinks that people love looking through clad halvez.. I'm trying to get my home bank to order string boxes for me... Then maybe I'll have better luck with that..

talon146

Jul 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been getting mine through Bank of America. I call the branch and order 4 boxes, spread across 4 branches so each only sees me once a month. They arrive in sealed brinks boxes, so far I can't complain, a few skunks but I've been doing well. The last couple boxes I did even though they were sealed, a lot had a purple marker on each coin.

OP
OP
A

Adamkir

Aug 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank I'll have to check that out at B. of A. On a positive note great lunch break. Dropped off $250 in dimes at the coin counter and bought $80 in CWR got one silver Rosie a 1964 D probably a former collection piece as its nearly mint..

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Their claming it cost more to order extra boxes when their ordering anyways. I always thought that there was a set fee for delivery?

Smaller banks may pay per box, not a flat fee per month.

I'm trying to get my home bank to order string boxes for me... Then maybe I'll have better luck with that..
String & Son's is just a wrapper company that can be used by any carrier.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions