Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few days ago I dumped some dimes in the coin machine. The machine wasn't working real well, so I only dumped $100 out of $1000. I'm real anal about checking the reject tray BEFORE and AFTER I dump. I went today to pick up another bag of dimes and the teller has an envelope waiting for me. She said I left some dimes in the reject tray (fat chance of that), and she ran them through and put the cash in the envelope for me.
$18.65....thank you very much. That bag ended up being $5.60 short anyway, so $13.05 profit was made.
How nice are your tellers? Every single branch of this particular bank treat me like a king, no dirty looks, always pleasant, even when they had to change bags out at closing time. I may transfer all my funds to this bank.

Upvote 0

solariscool

Dec 21, 2007
The majority of my tellers are super nice,,,,,, and really good looking. Sure am glad I am a single guy!

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
The teller at my CU brought me a 1936 merc dime when she came home last nite.

LOL! That teller is also my wife!

AMC

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Lol, AMC. =)

I've had a fair amount of attractive tellers as well as a fair amount of very helpful and cheerful ones. But I have also had quite a few nasty ones... both in the looks and attitude departments. ;)

~Dave

SnakemanBill

Apr 24, 2008
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've run into nice ones, mean ones, hot ones and not so hot ones too! and yes I've had my share of nasty looks too. I've started to get even with the nasty ones though. I open up an account keep the minimum in it and take all my dumps there to cash in. So when I take a big bag of coin in and they sneer do you have an account with us?

I smile and say yes!

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
I tried that Bill... the minimum account ballance thing and after cycling through over $5,000 in change at the coin machine within the first week. They actually pulled me aside (nicely mind you) and mentioned that the bank manager was asking about my account due to the heavy activity and the constant balance of $25 in the checking account. ;)

Its the only coin machine around, so I transfered some more money to them and started using the account a bit. Its going back to $25 when I head back to college in a few days though. ;)

~Dave

OP
OP
TooManyHobbies

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, way in the lead....silverfox. Anyone else?

maine_Jim

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2008
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Took a road trip today and met a couple nice tellers. 1st one hands me the only half in his till, a nice 90%! Next stop the lady says she has 4 rolls of halves and asks what I'm looking for. I say ones older than 1971. She says ok and proceeds to open them all and hands me a 1967 from one of them. The next stop I was planning on just dumping my dumps at a branch of my bank. The teller asks if they were any good and I said that I'd pulled all the silver. She says ok and hands me back the cash then hands me a silver dime. She says a church came by after a sale and were going to throw out all their bent coins. I give her a dime and she says to come on back and that she will keep an eye out for good stuff for me! I stop at a bank about a block away and they say someone dropped off $200 worth of halves. I bought them and pulled 20 40% from them! Hit three other banks and all had silver in the loose coins. I wish this town wasn't 50 miles away!

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
BBcardsRI said:
and after cycling through over $5,000 in change at the coin machine within the first week. They actually pulled me aside
~Dave

LOL!! I bet they did.

Jim

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
All right

Here are a couple of examples.

#1 My dump bank actually sent me a deposit slip through the mail showing a deposit of $13.50 to my account, with a note that said halves that were left in the tray of the coin counter must be mine
"They must of been yours because you always bring in Halves."

#2 Another called to tell me they have some bags of coin off the machine, and said she saved me 2 rolls of SILVER quartes that she knew I would want.

#3 Another says. Hey I got sme halves in that I've been holding on too & thought you'd might like, and hands me 2 walkers and a half dozen 40%'s

#4 Directs a lady turning in Morgan dollars to me and I score 16 Morgan Dollars at 9x face in a McDonalds parking lot.

And there are lots of other instances. #2 is my favorite. All 4 above are different banks or credit unions. It pay's to be nice and chatty, and it dosen't hurt to flirt.

Mojo

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Some of my dream tellers.....

1. At one of my dump banks, as I come through the door with my bag of coins the teller greats me with a look that is somewhere between a wince and the look of someone who is feeling an intensive gas pain. Maybe it was the convenience store burrito she just had for lunch I think to my self?

2. At dump bank #2, my favorite teller says "oh, you're back". I think she means it in a good way and is really happy to see me, like how your dog responds when you come home after being gone all day.

3. At buy bank #1, I say I want 4 boxes of halves and the teller yells to the vault teller, hey, the "half dollar guy" wants 4 boxes, she (vault teller) rolls her eyes a bit and makes an expression that is similar to the one your mom made when you were a kid and spilled a big glass of milk on the floor. I smile and waive to her and she looks away. I think she is so into her job and committed that she didnt notice me saying hello. I feel better knowing my bank has such a competent and determined vault teller watching over my halves.

I have found that being extra nice keeps the above persons from being nasty and mean, and pacifies them a bit so I can buy and dump rejects as I need to. But it doesn't cause them to give me free silver.

I do have a couple of banks with outstanding and helpful tellers like those mentioned in others' posts, but I try not to overdump at those branches and cause them to become sick of me. But since I go to quite a few banks, I see a full spectrum of teller behavior.

Jim

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
jim4silver said:
BBcardsRI said:
and after cycling through over $5,000 in change at the coin machine within the first week. They actually pulled me aside
~Dave

LOL!! I bet they did.

Jim
Mine don't. Before my vacation I was dumping over 20K a week spread over 5 branches and my minimum is $1. I do have to use the acct every 3 monthes so they don't close the acct. I deposit $20, go out to the ATM and take it back out. HH Mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread