my total ring count so far

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI
These are the good rings ive found MD over the past 3 years, All the silver I found with the M6 and the gold was found by my dad with the old prizm 2. I know its not much but everytime I see these I want to go MD! ;D

Attachments

• jewlery 001.JPG
    jewlery 001.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 385
  • jewlery 002.JPG
    jewlery 002.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 398
  • jewlery 003.JPG
    jewlery 003.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 393
  • jewlery 004.JPG
    jewlery 004.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 392
  • jewlery 005.JPG
    jewlery 005.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 389
  • jewlery 006.JPG
    jewlery 006.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 390
Upvote 0

underdogger

Sep 24, 2009
Syracuse n.y
Detector(s) used
Whites / Prism II/Prism IV/V3i /Surf master II
Re: Ring count so far

I still have my old priz II now I have aPriz IV and I found many more rings with the II Then the IV . Iaverage about 7-8 per year . This year I have only 2 ring finds . go figure .

scrubber

Apr 1, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice looking rings!! In the 3 years that I've been detecting, I just found my 30th ring 2 days ago. My local area is not great for historic artifacts so I have focused on recently lost items in parks and beaches. Most of my hunting has been at two parks close to my house. I visit them at least once a week if the weather's been good, move fast and only retrieve items at the surface or close to it, using my pinpointer to determine that. I dig no plugs and, because of that, the park officials are very friendly with me. None of the rings were found more than 5 miles from my home.

The coins I find are all clad but since they're recently lost, almost all are spendable. I've also found a few necklaces and bracelets but the rings have been my best finds.

This is the way I've found I enjoy MDing the most.

scrubber

30rings.jpg

OP
OP
colorado14ers

colorado14ers

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2010
Naples, Fl
Detector(s) used
whites M6, Surfmaster PI

Iheartmoney said:
How long did it take to find them all?

Actualy we found them all in the past 5 months but ive been detecting for 3 years. Ive found Junk rings but i only posted the good ones ;D. All the good ones were with my M6 which I got 5 months ago.

m bryan

Jun 12, 2010
east texas
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000 and Garrett 300 Teknetics T2 Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I was trying to stay home and rest today.....you guys are making it hard......nice finds.

scrubber

Apr 1, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

m bryan said:
I was trying to stay home and rest today.....you guys are making it hard......nice finds.

Yeah, I'll be back out tomorrow if it quits raining here.

I forgot one thing I wanted to mention about finding rings. I prefer fresh water beach areas that are part of a park with grassy areas (not too closely cut) and preferably with a wood-chip totlot. The rings get lost after swimming, and aren't easily seen before I get there with my detector. I'd like to hunt in the water at the beach but equipment expense and laziness has kept me from it.

My detecting philosophy has allowed me to get by fine with the 25 year old Garrett Groundhog I found for $50 at a swap meet. It's heavy and unwieldy, but I've adapted to it and probably won't upgrade until it terminally breaks. I laugh at the forum ego-wars between owners of competing high-end machines. I'm glad I don't get caught up in that. It reminds me of the Chevy vs Ford battles kids got into back when I was in highschool.

It took a lot of years (and semi-retirement) before I finally started MDing, but now it's definitely my favorite pastime. HH everyone!! :icon_thumright:

scrubber

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

NICE! What other hobby adds to the bottom line? TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread