My two cents worth...

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Earlier this week I was asked if I'd like to detect an old farm not far from here and I didn't require much prompting! By 10AM this morning I was there and was greeted by the owner, a nice lady who is moving. I discovered quickly that there are quite a few modern trash signals everywhere but that didn't keep me from persisting. Experience has shown that in a place as old as this there will be something. There was. My first good signal had me salivating for a silver quarter but it turned out to be this large cent with a hole in the middle. So far I haven't been able to extract a date off it. Sometime later I got the same signal again and anticipated silver. Again, it was a large, this one 1854. A couple minutes later I pulled out a 1910 wheat; usually, that would be the oldest find on a given day. I plan on heading back tomorrow to try my luck again; maybe then I'll find the elusive 19th century silver!

Attachments

• twolarge (Small).jpg
    twolarge (Small).jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Upvote 5
OP
OP
halfdime

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Under extreme magnification, it appears that the coin with the hole is a Coronet type, 1816-1839. Still not enough detail to get a date.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It REALLY means something to be hunting in a place that feels like it has potential. Makes the senses sharper.

Nice!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread