🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro Detech Ultimate 13"
Whites V3i
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy cow! February 25th and it was 65 degrees out over here on the east end of Long Island! I just had to take the day off work and try to get some more practice on my new v3i. I got this updated v3 back in november and ive been trying to get it to work for me. The detector i used before was the mxt. I got an amazing deal on this v3i back in November. It was a deal i just couldnt pass up. So now ive been using this thing since november on a new "hunted out" farm site close to my house. Its yeilded some IHPs and a couple silver coins but i never really felt that the v3i was supperior to the mxt. Its just so SLOW! I primarily hunted with the mxt and an ultimate 13" dtech coil which was killing it on some permissions that were supposeidly hunded on and off for the past 50 years! Yesterday, with some frustration and fiddling with the v3is programs and settings, i finally dusted off the mxt and hit the same ground ive been hitting hard for the past four months. This property has several massive farm fields and an acre sized lot with a house and a few garages that date back to the 1850s. I spent the early part of the day in one of the fields zig zagging all over the place. Got a few buckles and an old usma (civil war westpoint?) button, picture included. It probably got nailed by a plow or something. Then i moved over to the house lot where i have gridded out every part of the front and back yard in two directions and started pulling out 8" wheat pennies. I noticed that the seperation, speed and depth had already exceeded that of the v3i. It was just so much easier! I probably dug up 8 wheat pennies and then popped up a first! A 2 cent piece! I think its 1864. I can kindof see the top of what looks like a 4. It was getting dark and that was my last hole! I couldnt believe it. Most of the details were so crisp i wipped the dirt away, saw the two cents and dropped the coin back into the hole! Oh man what a day. Imight be selling my v3i. Its 65 out again today so im about to get back to it. Good luck and Happy Hunting!

PS: ive been all over the forums here, studied the v3i manual and the tips and tricks online note, watched countless youtube videos and im just not getting the v3i to preform the way people say its supposed to. Tried factory programs, tweaked factory programs. Reset multiple times. Oh well i do love my MXT!

IMG_9400.JPG
IMG_9401.JPG
IMG_9398.JPG
IMG_9399.JPG

Upvote 15

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love them 2 cent coins! Congrats

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I won't give up my MXT for any other detector out there, it's every bit as deep as the V3i or the E-trac and does as good as any in the iron. HH

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on the 2-cent coin :occasion14:

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truly great find! Congratulations

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012