✅ SOLVED My two Favorite finds

Age_old

Jul 30, 2012
Clearwater, Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry man, but I agree with Unclemac. To me, it looks like a section if a fossil ammonite. You can even see how the ridges on one side are opposite of those on the other, which would allow the sections to interlock. I know they are bad pictures, but here is one of mine for comparison. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• image-2137543603.jpg
    image-2137543603.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 100
  • image-1688722025.jpg
    image-1688722025.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 93

SevenOut

Tenderfoot
Sep 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry man, but I agree with Unclemac. To me, it looks like a section if a fossil ammonite. You can even see how the ridges on one side are opposite of those on the other, which would allow the sections to interlock. I know they are bad pictures, but here is one of mine for comparison. Hope this helps.

A distant relative to the Ammonite. This is a straight Baculites or Baculite. It went extinct in the Cretaceous Period. In this same area there will be large clams as well. When you break one into sections, you see the network of connected chambers that controlled the depth the Baculite would be beneath the ocean surface. They looked like a squid inside a pointed shell. If the original shell is intact, they can beautiful white iridescent. Also called a cephalopod. Sharks teeth are also commonly found in the same area. How do I know? I have collected these in Wyoming. They occur from Texas north to Canada.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread