My U.S. Belt Plate, Dmans Lead Star Device as I Try to Dig 500 Relics in 2014 Today

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My U.S. Belt Plate, Dman's Lead Star Device as I Try to Dig 500 Relics in 2014 Today

I started my quest to dig 500 CW relics for the second straight year with 483 relics on Dec. 20. Watch the video to see the results of my solo hunts to get to #498. Needing only 2 relics to meet my goal, Doug was able to hunt with me for the first time since the middle of December on Dec. 30. Josh has enjoyed a version of the stomach flu recently and we have not hooked up for a hunt as we hoped.
We traveled to a U.S. camp used by Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Pennsylvania, & some Middle Tennessee Union Soldiers. A friend who grew up there recalled relic hunters finding relics on a high hill. Although Josh & I had hunted near the base of the hill & dug mostly fired bullets, Doug & I headed for the top. We were nearly to the top when I had a “70” reading on the F75 display and the tone was sweet, shallow, and a soft pinpoint. Only 5 inches down, was a U.S. belt plate with all 3 arrowhead hooks & full lead. Doug recovered 2 fired .58s before I dug the buckle. We made our way to the top and located the remains of a rifle pit. Doug found a dropped .58 below the pit & cuff size flat button above the pit. By that time, I was thinking that digging 499 relics was a fitting end to my year.
Josh called on our way out & I told him that I dug the plate. Doug proceeded downhill to the truck without me. When I got to the truck, Doug showed me the carved lead star device he found. The 12th Corps of the Union Army adopted a star as their corps badge symbol. 12[SUP]th[/SUP] corps soldiers were in Chattanooga but I need to do some more research. Thanks for looking & Happy New Year from the Trio, Quindy.

Attachments

• DSCN1465.JPG
    DSCN1465.JPG
    980.4 KB · Views: 180
  • DSCN1473.JPG
    DSCN1473.JPG
    229.7 KB · Views: 167
  • DSCN1472.JPG
    DSCN1472.JPG
    283.4 KB · Views: 161
  • DSCN1468.JPG
    DSCN1468.JPG
    408.2 KB · Views: 148
Upvote 17

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
WTG on the plate a real beauty, and for digging the 499! The lead star is a real cool find also, a very successful hunt.

ks coyote

Aug 30, 2012
Auburn Kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX x 2, XLT, SL 90, Tesoro Vaquero.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That belt plate is in great condition. Congrats.

Jpro

Jun 23, 2013
Nashville, Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet plate!!! In good condition.
I sometimes wonder how they would drop those or let'em go???

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
That looks like the buckles that were dug in the 60's and 70's. Very little damage and nice patina! Congrats on a great find Quindy. You probably could have got at least 500 relics this year but after digging that buckle, I don't blame you for stopping right there! How would you top that? I also like that star. Not sure of it's use but it looks civil war era for sure. I hope you guys (Tennessee Trio) have a great new year....even D-Man!!!! We will have to go somewhere after the first of the year.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Big 499. Congratulations to you and the "Trio" . Have enjoyed your videos very much this last season. That plate is a great way to stop. I swear the back of the plate looks as good if not better then the front with the arrow head attachments. Hope you guys have a great New Year also and thanks for all the great hunts. My season starts on the 5th !
HH
TnMtns

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful plate Quindy!! You won't need to send that one out for repair, that's for sure! Have a good holiday and best of luck in 2015 :thumbsup:

Bass

Silver Member
Jan 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on the plate. It is in really great condition. Thanks for sharing with the rest of us

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sweet way to end the year! #499 was a terrific find and one to be proud of Quindy.:thumbsup:

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
beautiful plate and real interesting star. Very Nice finds and Congrats on 499 Cw Relics for the Year. I finally got ole hillbilly out today to a Camp and We tried hard for a plate which was unsuccessful, but still recovered some nice finds.

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a FANTASTIC plate! You just don't find em in that beautiful condition anymore! Fantastic, beautiful patina, all the hooks, and full lead. All I have to say is WOW.

Congrats, my friend!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another outstanding year on the CW relics Guys. What a great way to end the year too. :thumbsup:
Congrats on the "US" plate Q, and that lead star that Dman found will look fantastic on his vest. He will look like Wyatt Earp. :tongue3:
You mentioned that there were Indiana troops where you dug the buckle. I just so happen to be up in Indiana this week, so if you want to send the US plate to me I will gladly return it. :laughing7:
A toast to the "Tenn Trio"!!! :occasion14:
-DUG-

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
QUINDY!!!!! OMG! What a way to end the year! I am so happy for you! You truly deserve such a wonderful find. I can see you on the cover of the next AD with that one. It looks perfect. Well done! And the star is awesome too, Burt! You two did good..
Many congrats!!
Nana
:hello:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another outstanding year on the CW relics Guys. What a great way to end the year too. :thumbsup:
Congrats on the "US" plate Q, and that lead star that Dman found will look fantastic on his vest. He will look like Wyatt Earp. :tongue3:
You mentioned that there were Indiana troops where you dug the buckle. I just so happen to be up in Indiana this week, so if you want to send the US plate to me I will gladly return it. :laughing7:
A toast to the "Tenn Trio"!!! :occasion14:
-DUG-

Wait! I heard Pennsylvania too Doug! He could send it to me lol. We could also share - you 3 months and me 9!
Congrats on an incredible year, even by Trio standards. I am sad to see the videos ending for the year, but I expect more in 2015. I watch them religiously.
It's almost like destiny to find that plate at #499.
I hope Josh's Turkey Trot season has ended lol. I don't suppose Dman " joshed " him too much, did he? Happy New Year to the Trio and loved ones. I can't wait to see your next!

Ironman!

Mar 25, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
MXT/Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Verrrry nice plate Quindy! What a fitting way to round out the year!! Wishing you the best for 2015 my friend!!!

IM

OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for all the replies. We were amazed at the condition of the plate that even has the silver wash still on the hooks. A special thanks to the "Trio Faithful" who have read and replied to our posts this year. As BB, Nana, MM, and others can tell you, it takes a lot of time to make a video. Even more time with music formatted with it. To know they are enjoyed by you makes it well worth the effort. May Tnet members enjoy their best digging years yet. That banner may just be behind the next tree. HH, Q.

joeyfresh

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2006
Colonial Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Teknetics T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Q. If anyone needs a tv show its you guys. You're entertaining and make some really great finds. I look forward to more videos and finds in 2015.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread