My weekend haul ....

Sterling

Jan 24, 2012
central, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
Well this weekend started off with a phone call from a person that was down sizing his inventory. Here are some of the pics! I bought this one because it had the pouch, and was hallmarked with J N &S, the crown, and found out this was made by J. Nowill & Sons in Sheffield Photo0167.jpg This other find was unique, so I bought it also, and found out it is a Park& Davis med kit from the late 1800s... Photo0168.jpg Another find was this salt & pepper shaker by the Webster sterling company Photo0165.jpg and in excellent shape .

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
English sterling knife? What's the age? (If its English silver you can find the date-letter which can show you the year it was made, my guess is 1860s or so)

I've got an older American knife similar to that, its coin silver, but can't really find the maker. The blade is a bit bent on it though.

Hunter612

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That knife is awesome! I collect knives and have yet to see one like that in person.

OP
OP
Sterling

Sterling

Jan 24, 2012
central, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
I found this info on the J N& S..Sheffield Makers Marks - J J nowill & Sons. Main blade has the hallmarks (Lion)sterling (crown)Sheffield (Old English small "n")1905 ( J N&S) also and is beautifully engraved. one of the blades has a letter D with two keys crossing, and has walter Spencer & Co sheffield. The smallest blade has also the two keys crossing and the letter D. The medium and small blade have J.Nowill & Sons at the end of the blades

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sterling

Sterling

Jan 24, 2012
central, CA
Primary Interest:
Other
I`m no knife collector , but when I did open the case to unveil this beautiful pocket knife I was astounded. It is so beautiful I don`t want to sell it.
love5.gif

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread