My White's Ground Hawg digger arrived yesterday! Excellent!

SittingElf

Feb 25, 2018
Palm Bay, FL, and Air Force Bases in FL and OK
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Equinox 800, Garrett Ace 300 (x2 For Wife and Son), Ground Hawg, Garrett Carrot, Minelab Pro-Find 35, SoundClean9 APTX LL Headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I ordered the White's Ground Hawg shovel after doing a lot of back and forth between other diggers and this one. The length and weight were the final deciding factors.

On my doorstep yesterday, waiting for me.

The shovel ships with a blade sleeve and was well packed. It is much lighter in hand than I expected which is great. Seems to be well built, even though manufactured in China.

Like others, I'm not thrilled by the flourescent orange color of the shaft and T-handle, but have plans to sand and repaint with Rustoleum in a charcoal or grey color. (It's not like I'm accidentally going to leave the shovel in a field while hunting sometime, and then have to find it!).

All in all, very satisfied with the purchase, and will be digging shortly!

dhog

Feb 26, 2018
SW Va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garett ace 400 AT PRO Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ordered one supposed to be here Monday will probably leave mine orange, I never lose anything 😎

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just paint it if your not happy with the color or sandblast and have it powder coated to a color of your liking. GL & HH

halfstep

May 11, 2010
If it was me, I would remove all the orange paint before I repainted it. If you just paint over it, you will scratch it off through use and expose the orange in places.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread