My wife completed her mission

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
About a year ago my wife found the back half of a magician's coin with the British pence side. Since then she has been on a mission to find a full Scotch and Soda coin. This week she finally found one and was very excited. She used the technique someone posted here about shaking it in a glass to get it open, which worked great. This one had the Mexican peso inside so she now has a front with 2 different backs. No silver in the box but still a great box to her.

I also had some luck at work Saturday. I found a 1964 quarter, a 1945-P war nickel, and a 1920 cent.

Upvote 0

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

thurmownator

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
Silver Stripe said:
Narthoniel said:
Very cool! I would love to find one of those magic coins :)
I would like to stop finding them, got 2 rolls worth now. HH Mark

I hear ya. I'm working on my third roll already.

Whatever happened to that forum member who wanted to trade some 40%ers / 90%ers for them ?

Happy New Year all.

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
i too would like to find one of them....my sister told me she found a 2 headed quarter in her change one day...i told her to check to see if it came apart....she said she would let me know

OP
OP
F

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
2 or more rolls is allot. It looks like they sell for $10-$25 new at magic shops so it could turn into a nice profit. Have either of you tried to sell any on eBay?

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats to your wife Fropa!!! Please pass this on to her.....KUDOS. Another case of persistence paying off. It is very rewarding to finally find a particular coin that you have been searching for. Now they will probably come by the dozens....ha!

Back in 2007, I was on a mission to find a 1970 half......it kept evading me for several months......I wanted to find one so bad!!! Then when I finally found it my eyes got watery...lol....I am not ashamed to say it. Yeah I know it wasn't a major find, but I wanted to find one all the same.

Anyway, congrats again!! Wahooooo.............

OP
OP
F

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
My wife says thanks LJ. I think your prediction may be coming true, our first box for the year had no silver but she found another magicians coin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread