My wife is blessed , both

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
of us are .
We have a '96 Chevy conversion van that is her principal transportation . Much driving at interstate speeds in a vehicle with almost 200k miles on it .
2 years ago she took a low speed trip to the grocery store 6 miles away . After shopping she heard a
'BANG' when she climbed in . Left front torsion arm snapped and the body was sitting on the steer tire . Tow and repair . Not nearly as catastrophic as a failure going down the highway at interstate speeds .
She and my daughter made a 200 mile round trip to the Amish country yesterday for canning supplies . Mostly interstate speeds .
This morning she went out and saw that the right torsion arm had snapped during the night while
parked in our drive .
We count our blessings every day .

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow that is scary and luckily it all happened at the most opportune time not to get hurt

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
truckinbutch said:
bigscoop said:
Can you have your wife take a stab at tonight's lottery numbers for me? :laughing7: :thumbsup:
We bought a Powerball ticket this evening .
Glad it happened there and not where ours happened! Hope it aint to bad to git er goin!
You Tell Jaye, If 1 of my 3 tickets hit tonite, I get yuh new vehicles plus. If You hit, well that be up to you! Cause I done got myself in enuff on the trip from town.

OP
OP
truckinbutch

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
poorhunter78 said:
truckinbutch said:
bigscoop said:
Can you have your wife take a stab at tonight's lottery numbers for me? :laughing7: :thumbsup:
Glad it happened there and not where ours happened! Hope it aint to bad to git er goin!
You Tell Jaye, If 1 of my 3 tickets hit tonite, I get yuh new vehicles plus. If You hit, well that be up to you! Cause I done got myself in enuff on the trip from town.
One hand washes the other , buddy . Gotta wait til Monday to see if Jimmy can fiss it for us . If one of us hits tonight it will be new vehicles all round .

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
truckinbutch said:
poorhunter78 said:
truckinbutch said:
bigscoop said:
One hand washes the other , buddy . Gotta wait til Monday to see if Jimmy can fiss it for us . If one of us hits tonight it will be new vehicles all round .
Woohoo!!! I past Jim on way in town, He was goin fer a cold 1. I could just sense it by the look on his face! Top of the Line!

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Hello truckinbutch. Yup, with those things happening when they did shows that He was watching
out for their safety.

That is something like what I experienced. Many years ago, we bought a little travel trailer. After
using it a couple of week-ends at some campgrounds about 50 miles away we were planning to
take a trip out to Montana during my vacation. I had 2 weeks paid and asked for an extra week
without pay since things were slow at the time. The trailer had no spare tire so I located a wheel
at a junk yard and tried it on the trailer make sure it fit, then bought a tire to fit it. We took our trip
to Montana and down through Wyoming and Colorado. Several times when stopped for the night
at a campground we would drive around taking in the local sites so by the time we got home, I had
put 3,000 miles on it. About three days after we got home, one trailer tire went flat. When I went
to put the spare on, I discovered that the tire was too thick to fit between the wheel cut-out and the
hub. I was really shocked to find that out. It never dawned on me that the tire would not fit. LOL.
The Good Lord was with us on that trip, for sure, with some of the places we passed, we were
blessed that we had no trouble. And by the way, I was driving a new '69 Chevy Impala pulling
a small travel trailer with just a bumper hitch. You can't do that nowadays with the kind of
bumpers they put on cars.
Ray

OP
OP
truckinbutch

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
I hear ya , Ray . Places you traveled through roadside help could have been mighty scarce .

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
truckinbutch said:
Gotta wait til Monday to see if Jimmy can fiss it for us .
Did you get a hold of Jimmy, Jim?

Kiwijohn

Dec 10, 2008
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Excalibur 1000 Garrett Pro Pointer
Ummmm....I would have a word with the mechanic that did that first repair, no way should you be
replacing one suspension piece on a vehicle that old, that broke without impact, without doing it's twin.
Glad you are all ok though :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
truckinbutch

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Kiwijohn said:
Ummmm....I would have a word with the mechanic that did that first repair, no way should you be
replacing one suspension piece on a vehicle that old, that broke without impact, without doing it's twin.
Glad you are all ok though :icon_thumleft:
You are correct in what you say . Please don't fault the mechanic . Living on a meagre fixed
income a $500 repair bill is a strain . An additional $500 to fix what isn't broke is out of the question .
Risky decision ? Yes !
The realities of life often dictate taking some risks .

Kiwijohn

Dec 10, 2008
New Zealand
Detector(s) used
X-Terra 705 Excalibur 1000 Garrett Pro Pointer
I meant no criticism, of you or the mechanic. Sorry if you took it that way. There is always more to a story than first appears. In a perfect world....well...... :)

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always good to give thanks when things could have been bad. :icon_thumright:

S

stefen

Does this mean that we need to delay our barbeque get-together?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread